Purchasing Cigars on St Barts
Cuban Cigars – They are indeed available on St Barts.
cigars purchased while on St Barts back to the United States for personal consumption.
Some recommendations from SBHonline forum members:
~ The top tobacconists are Le Comptoir de Cigar et Panamas in Gustavia (around the corner from Le Select)
and there are a couple of stores in St. Jean: “Jose’s” and “Casa de Habana “.
Casa de Habana specializes in Cuban brands.
~ Casa Del Habano in St Jean is where I have been buying cigars for a very long time…
terrific store… sales clerks who know their product
What cigar would you recommend as a “have to have” while on the island?
- My favorite is the Bolivar Belicosos.
- small Romeo et Julietta, a #2 or #3.
- small robusto from montechristo or teh oyo de Monterey are very good/also the Short churchill.
- Partagas Serie D No.4
- Romeo and Juliet Cedro Delux #3 and Gloria Cubano #4
- R&J Short Churchill
- Monte Petite Edmundo
- Juan Lopez #2 (really does not get enough attention and is a great value)
- Hoyo Epicure #2
- Cohiba Siglo III
- For my taste and regardless of all the hype and noteriety of the Montecristos and Cohibas, I like the Bolivar Gold Medals.
They’re similar to a Monte at a lower price. A fine, spicey medium bodied good looking smoke.
Although I have been known to partake of a Cohiba if one presents itself. “
St Barts cigar shop “La Casa del Habano “