• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

BONITO

It is a lovely restaurant with a world-class sunset view over the harbor. The staff was attentive and welcomed my questions. When I couldn't decide on the wine (by the glass), I was given a taste of several to choose from. The music was low and appropriate for the space. I found my meal (sea bass) to be delicious and worth every penny. The only thing that detracted from the otherwise perfection was the patrons who were allowed to smoke. Fortunately, I was at a "window" seat and there was a nice breeze.

It's still on my rotation, for the record.

This is a very nice place for an early-evening meet up prior to dinner, too. (Photo borrowed from Bonito's webpage)

View attachment 30867

I have enjoyed the comfort of those striped chair with an after dinner libation while watching Nugan captivate the room. I think Lisa was there as well....

You're a funny one, Menace! I can only imagine that would be a PRIME spot to be serenaded by Annie and Benji. Her voice goes nicely with that decor, me thinks.

Listening to that brightened up a snowy morning!!!! Just love them. Anyone know if and when they will ever come back to the island?
And what is best way to purchase what looks like a new album they have made?? We would like to add to our collection of her music...we have purchased CD's from her when on the island in the past....

Listening to that brightened up a snowy morning!!!! Just love them. Anyone know if and when they will ever come back to the island?
And what is best way to purchase what looks like a new album they have made?? We would like to add to our collection of her music...we have purchased CD's from her when on the island in the past....

It doesn't become available to the public until sometime in April, I think. When it does, it will be available on iTunes, again, I think.

Tipping in SBH - again

My wife and I had a very nice dinner at Bonito on Friday night. When we were presented with our cheque I was asked if I wanted to add a tip. I said, "no, that's included here isn't it". The waiter said "we only include 10% for service, were you disappointed in the service". So I added about 8% more.

Do do they ask everyone this at Bonito? I feel that I was guilted into leaving an additional tip and I wonder if they ask locals and Europeans if they would like to add a tip? It wasn't a ton of cash but I wonder about a double standard.

You would think that if tops were part of the regular process that it would be built into the card payment process, the way it is here in Canada where you add a $ or % amount directly on the machine.

The only other place that they asked about adding a tip over our ten day stay was at La Plage.

Do do they ask everyone this at Bonito? I feel that I was guilted into leaving an additional tip and I wonder if they ask locals and Europeans if they would like to add a tip? It wasn't a ton of cash but I wonder about a double standard.

I'd like to be there when they tried that on Mme Schmidt. :cool:

We almost always leave a tip, but never when asked to. The waiters are particularly aggressive about asking for tips at Bagatelle.

Ask and ye shall not receive. My generosity is directly proportionate to a restauranteur's humility as well as great food and service.

The rubber-stamped TIPS:______ line, not present on checks given to the French, is another non-starter.

how nice to see this resurrected - always up for Bonito exposure! we were there on saturday night for dinner and such a pleasure per the uj...didn't have a great view but was just happy to get in at 9:30 with a same day reservation/during Bucket/yadda yadda...filled up on fish then the long haul to Le Ti. So fab.

No worries on parking in Gustavia for dinner her as the valet service is convenient. Speaking of...are these valet lots the new thing on island, i.e. by Isola or Pipiri Palace?