192 new Covid cases -12/20-12/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it’s mandatory why get tested if you’re asymptomatic?

Have you seen pictures of the U.S lately !?

Hundreds of thousands of people testing for absolutely no reason, even fighting for test kits. For no other reason, other than the fact they are seeing pictures 24/7, of other people lined up to test. 98% of them feel absolutely wonderful. Here in Florida, we have 5,000 cars bumper to bumper, at various drive through testing areas, with asymptomatic people testing, because they don't want to miss out on the process. It's one of the weirdest things of the pandemic so far and that's saying alot...

Hundreds of thousands of people testing for absolutely no reason, even fighting for test kits. For no other reason, other than the fact they are seeing pictures 24/7, of other people lined up to test. 98% of them feel absolutely wonderful. Here in Florida, we have 5,000 cars bumper to bumper, at various drive through testing areas, with asymptomatic people testing, because they don't want to miss out on the process. It's one of the weirdest things of the pandemic so far and that's saying alot...

Totally agree! I say it every day when I read the paper. Why would you wait in line for 2 hours if you feel fine and can catch it on the way home. Go to CVS and get a $10 test

I highly doubt that people are waiting for hours on end so they don't feel left out.

I had to wait in line last week to get a rapid and PCR test combo because I was going to a Christmas gathering with my 94-year old in-laws and I had been to dinner with friends a few days before who later tested positive for COVID. And, when I realized I had been exposed, I had to then contact all the people I had been around in the 3 days before my friends figured out they were positive. Then, those people in turn also had to test to make sure they weren't also positive - and so on and so on and so on. Trying to find home tests here in Chicago was next to impossible - believe me, I tried. Waiting in line at a testing center was my only choice to find out whether I was an asymptomatic carrier or not.

This scenario is more plausible to me than people getting tested simply because they saw others do so and don't want to "miss out" on the fun of waiting in line. I certainly didn't find it all that fun.

I highly doubt that people are waiting for hours on end so they don't feel left out.

I had to wait in line last week to get a rapid and PCR test combo because I was going to a Christmas gathering with my 94-year old in-laws and I had been to dinner with friends a few days before who later tested positive for COVID. And, when I realized I had been exposed, I had to then contact all the people I had been around in the 3 days before my friends figured out they were positive. Then, those people in turn also had to test to make sure they weren't also positive - and so on and so on and so on. Trying to find home tests here in Chicago was next to impossible - believe me, I tried. Waiting in line at a testing center was my only choice to find out whether I was an asymptomatic carrier or not.

This scenario is more plausible to me than people getting tested simply because they saw others do so and don't want to "miss out" on the fun of waiting in line. I certainly didn't find it all that fun.

Same reason that people who never drink water, all of the sudden, put 10 cases of water in a shopping cart before a storm and the same reason that people wait in long lines to top off their gas tank every 10 miles, 3-4 days before a hurricane. Same reason that people all make a run on toiler paper, at the exact same time as others and stock pile it. We are a nation of sheep to an extent. When we see others doing something, we all of the sudden are drawn to do what they are doing. There is no reason for millions of asymptomatic people to be sitting for FOUR HOURS in their cars, to take tests to gain "Peace of Mind". It would be comical, if not so sad....

Yes, and you and others, were exposed, in the hours/days after getting pre-Christmas tested. Omicron moves way faster than humans can "Peace of Mind", test....

SThere is no reason for millions of asymptomatic people to be sitting for FOUR HOURS in their cars, to take tests to gain "Peace of Mind". It would be comical, if not so sad....

Except perhaps to get the "peace of mind" to not infect others?

Same reason that people who never drink water, all of the sudden, put 10 cases of water in a shopping cart before a storm and the same reason that people wait in long lines to top off their gas tank every 10 miles, 3-4 days before a hurricane. Same reason that people all make a run on toiler paper, at the exact same time as others and stock pile it. We are a nation of sheep to an extent. When we see others doing something, we all of the sudden are drawn to do what they are doing. There is no reason for millions of asymptomatic people to be sitting for FOUR HOURS in their cars, to take tests to gain "Peace of Mind". It would be comical, if not so sad....

None of those things risk killing your elderly relatives or others with certain medical conditions when you see them over the holidays. But you knew that.

None of those things risk killing your elderly relatives or others with certain medical conditions when you see them over the holidays. But you knew that.

Do you realize how much time goes on from when you asymptomatic testing, to when you finally get into a room, to spend time with your triple-vaxed, elderly relatives, for a thankfully much much milder version of Covid that spreads like wildfire? It's time to get all of your vaccinations and mentally get on with life....

Do you realize how much time goes on from when you asymptomatic testing, to when you finally get into a room, to spend time with your triple-vaxed, elderly relatives, for a thankfully much much milder version of Covid that spreads like wildfire? It's time to get all of your vaccinations and mentally get on with life....
With all due respect, decisions regarding elderly relatives are personal. We do not need to be lectured about how we are all sheep and afraid to "miss out" by not testing. I for one have a 102 year old father who I will not risk infecting. I had to stand in line after direct exposure to my husband who tested positive as a result of exposure at work. And yes, we are all triple vaccinated. You are certainly free to make your own decisions and free to think us all silly for standing in lines; please keep your proselytizing to yourself.

Not lecturing, just pointing out facts.

If you are triple (soon to be Quad-Vaccinated), have no symptoms whatsoever, and are sitting in line with 5,000 others to take a test for an endemic virus, that is going to be with us until the end of time, please tell me what your end game is, long term. Thank you...

reflective-aluminum-stop-sign-k2-4958.png
please!

Not lecturing, just pointing out facts.

If you are triple (soon to be Quad-Vaccinated), have no symptoms whatsoever, and are sitting in line with 5,000 others to take a test for an endemic virus, that is going to be with us until the end of time, please tell me what your end game is, long term. Thank you...
Not necessarily facts, and my end game is to do the right thing for myself and others. I had to test b/c I was directly exposed and had to know who I could safely see for the holidays. For the record, my husband and I have been to SBH several times since the beginning of the pandemic (5 to be exact) so we are not afraid or staying home. We have only tested when needed for travel, work or exposure. There were 30 people ahead and 40 behind me in line, not thousands. I'm not sure the forum benefits from these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.