Which ferry is reasonable to catch

agenova

SBH Member
We are late to the game and there are no flights for when we are trying to get to SBH. Our flight lands in SXM at 2:45. Do you think we will be able to catch a 4:00 Voyager with checked bags? After that there’s a 6:15 Greay Bay Express which would put us in a bit later than we would like.

I would appreciate so advice from others who have taken this route! We normally fly but everything is sold out sadly!

Thanks in advance!
 
Would be extremely tight, any delay encountered either with arrival/luggage and/or traffic to get to Marigot could cause you to miss the boat. I believe you need to be at the port 20min before the boat leaves. I would just do the Great Bay Express or the later Voyager ferry...
 
You could overnight in SXM and take a morning flight the next day.

Although the ferry trips always create an interesting story.
I would stay at Porto Cupecoy that night, get a great Pizza at Mama Italian Restaurant and pick up a few essentials for the Villa at Carrefour Express before heading over on the early ferry. A lot less stress.
 
I agree with the others - don't even try the Marigot ferry. We've done it and the traffic is bad or awful.
We also caught a flight out of Grand Case once. Same bad traffic and the taxi driver took us on a
'journey" that almost cost us our connection.
 
Very helpful and much appreciated. Another question for the group. If we land at SXM at 2:45 pm with checked bags, is a 5:00 pm flight out of Grand Case to SBH too risky? How about without checked bags?
 
Top