What's the best and most economical way to get to Hawaii (any island) r/t around January/February? Any departure city in the US would be quite fine.

Petri

Senior Insider
How to get to Hawaii?

What's the best and most economical way to get to Hawaii (any island) r/t around January/February? Any departure city in the US would be quite fine.

Re: How to get to Hawaii?

Flapping your arms and catching a good tail wind would be the most economical lol.

That's one option but it's appeas American Airlines is even cheaper than a pair of neon-green Speedo's!

For 3.13 euros ($5) and 35,000 BA miles one can book a return SFO-HNL-SFO. Now the big question is if one wants to travel 5+ hours in AA economy.. that's a pretty long travel with just a bag of nuts.

Petri...
Trust me..You will get more than a bag of nuts on AA to Hawaii even if you are in economy...I know our service isnt what it used to be but at the least on any flight over 3 hrs there are some pretty good (for airline food) snacks served...

Trust me..You will get more than a bag of nuts on AA to Hawaii even if you are in economy...I know our service isnt what it used to be but at the least on any flight over 3 hrs there are some pretty good (for airline food) snacks served...

That's good to know. The premium classes are quite ok but the difference between economy and anything above is suprisingly huge with US airlines nowadays, up to 2.5h it's fine but 3+ hours and it starts to get boring in economy. A few years ago we had MIA-ORD in First and the lady even managed to serve us GT's on that very short flight ;-)

We're still uncertain if we'll be going through north or south America. Columbia vs. Mexico (Cancun), Argentina vs. Arizona.. Main focus will be in Africa, Asia and Pacific anyway. We've had excellent service from AA's RTW desk so far (through the GST's in Stockholm and Cape Town).

I dragged out one of my articles on the area that I hadn't read for a while. Thought it might amuse (have to acknowledge the travel site "Synergise" that originally published it (original link http://www.synergise.com/tales/tale1010-north-america-hawaii.php) . I had another in development on Cancun (IMHO don't do it - but my wife told me it was way too savage and not to publish it so I never did). Anyway see if you think my Hawaii entertains...

All Clogged-up in Waikiki

Stuart Ford

Oh and if you do by chance like it please visit my site www.stuartford.com and buy a book or at least read some of my other works/WIP's (and improve my search ranking). I am sure my starving publishers (let alone the rather intriguing, dashing and impoverished author!) would appreciate it if you clicked on through and bought a book. Then go to Eddie's site and buy a photograph and then Lambchop's and get another - we are sure you all have a lot of walls and book shelves to fill. Us there artistic strugglers would love to see our patrons on SBH real soon. Please help treat us to the life that we would love to be accustomed to. LOL!

We need a bigger picture of you :)

main_book.JPG

Los Angles or San Fransisco

to
Honolulu or Maui or Hilo

depends on which island you want to spend time on