• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Trip #11

Always a few of those, but I'd say the younger set outnumbers them. You should give it a try again, it might have changed.

Not a prayer. No way, no how.

You have a better chance videotaping me table dancing at Le Ti...

Charlotte,

Appreciated your review of Sud Ouest. We are considering it for next February and have several questions. We drove by (my, my what a road!) and Lance wants to know how easy was it to get in and out of the parking area? Also would two cars fit in behind the gate? How private is it; i.e., could one sunbathe au natural and not offend anyone in the surrounding area? Thanks so much for any input.

Libby (LMac)

Sounds like you had a wonderful time- just in time to greet the snow storm. Not surprised about Vietnam- lots of salt! Grain de Sel, L'Esprit and Manu at Santa Fe are our favorites. Thanks for sharing your report.

Charlotte,

Appreciated your review of Sud Ouest. We are considering it for next February and have several questions. We drove by (my, my what a road!) and Lance wants to know how easy was it to get in and out of the parking area? Also would two cars fit in behind the gate? How private is it; i.e., could one sunbathe au natural and not offend anyone in the surrounding area? Thanks so much for any input.

Libby (LMac)

Libby - We can't wait to return! The road was really not an issue. I think we only encountered another car once during the week, and we pulled over into one of the driveways and let the other car pass. We backed into the driveway everytime, at Ernest's suggestion. That being said, I still sent Bill out into the road to "spy" for me so I could pull out directly. The blind spots were pretty bad. The driveway is large enough to park more than 1 car wilthout any issues. We don't usually drive in the rain, so I can't say if the hill is an issue. Jim2 was at the villa in January and I got the sense that they enjoyed their visit. Except for the key issue.

It is very private on the pool deck. We will did enjoy our sunbathing experiences, I am pretty sure no one could see anything. We loved having the extra kitchen on the pool deck to keep the wine/beer cold. I know it doesn't taste the same, but I loved the plastic stem ware for the pool deck. I tend to knock things over.

Ernest was great to work with. He also comes by in the early am to check on the property. He and Bill spoke a couple of times. The construction noise was the only thing bothered me, and that was because they started at 7 or 7:30. Otherwise great place for a really good price.

Charlotte