THE WOMEN by Kristin Hannah

amyb

Senior Insider
OK readers, here is a new wonderful and enlightening book for you to enjoy by a prolific author, Kristin Hannah. Perhaps you read THE NIGHTINGALE?

This is a story about Vietnam and the women who served there. The unacknowledged brave women who served there as nurses, doctors, air traffic controllers, in military intelligence, news correspondents and more.

This is the story of one girl who followed a dream to become a nurse and ended up following her Navy officer brother to her very own tour of duty in Vietnam and serving in the US Army as a battlefront nurse.What unfolds is the path this woman started at age 21 and winds throughout her life. It is remarkable. Her struggles, her family, her loves and losses will have you neglecting your own personal duties to follow her story in service and her battle with her war memories and her nightmares and psychological demons in order to stay sane when she returns home. It is similar in scope to what her brother vets endured when they returned home to face the scorn of the population who hated this unpopular war we were involved in.

A story of duty, honor, and friendship you will long remember. I first heard these stories during fund raising efforts to erect a statue called the Vietnam Women's Memorial now standing in Washington DC. Now I pray no person and no group ever gets it in its head to tear it down and rewrite these little known brave tales. May their memories forever be a blessing.

OK readers, here is a new wonderful and enlightening book for you to enjoy by a prolific author, Kristin Hannah. Perhaps you read THE NIGHTINGALE?

This is a story about Vietnam and the women who served there. The unacknowledged brave women who served there as nurses, doctors, air traffic controllers, in military intelligence, news correspondents and more.

This is the story of one girl who followed a dream to become a nurse and ended up following her Navy officer brother to her very own tour of duty in Vietnam and serving in the US Army as a battlefront nurse.What unfolds is the path this woman started at age 21 and winds throughout her life. It is remarkable. Her struggles, her family, her loves and losses will have you neglecting your own personal duties to follow her story in service and her battle with her war memories and her nightmares and psychological demons in order to stay sane when she returns home. It is similar in scope to what her brother vets endured when they returned home to face the scorn of the population who hated this unpopular war we were involved in.

A story of duty, honor, and friendship you will long remember. I first heard these stories during fund raising efforts to erect a statue called the Vietnam Women's Memorial now standing in Washington DC. Now I pray no person and no group ever gets it in its head to tear it down and rewrite these little known brave tales. May their memories forever be a blessing.
Thank you for your comment. Very informing.