Street Addresses for Each Residence

KevinS

Senior Insider
Per the Collectivité, there are now numbers and street names for every residence on the island. I’m guessing that it will take awhile for the data to migrate into Google/Apple maps (if ever). For now, I have a whole lot of new street names to discover. I’ve already learned that an Impasse is a dead end street, and that there is a Jardin d’Eden (Garden of Eden) in Grand Cul de Sac, but I don’t know the difference between a Ruelle and an Allée.

ADDRESS

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 marked a significant step for Saint-Barthélemy: the online launch of the Base Address Locale.

From now on, each resident has a specific address including a name and street number.

This initiative will make address searches easier for residents and visitors alike.

You can visit the database at:

or by scanning the QR-Code below
IMG_6415.jpeg

Map sample:
IMG_6416.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting. We used to live on St John, USVI --- they tried to do this for donkey years and it never could get acceptance by the residents. Time will tell...

News to me, no one has assigned us an address that I know of. And even so, without good directions or geo-location, addresses are useless in a lot of places here and they do not bring mail to many houses, thus the large conglomerations of mail boxes one sees along the roads...

News to me, no one has assigned us an address that I know of. And even so, without good directions or geo-location, addresses are useless in a lot of places here and they do not bring mail to many houses, thus the large conglomerations of mail boxes one sees along the roads...
One of these dots must be you!

IMG_6407.jpeg

I’ve already learned that an Impasse is a dead end street, and that there is a Jardin d’Eden (Garden of Eden) in Grand Cul de Sac, but I don’t know the difference between a Rouelle and an Allée.
well, une rouelle is the cut of veal shank used to make osso buco. une ruelle, on the other hand, is a narrow rue.
une allée ? c'est beaucoup de choses. but, in the context i imagine essentially a private drive.

well, une rouelle is the cut of veal shank used to make osso buco. une ruelle, on the other hand, is a narrow rue.
une allée ? c'est beaucoup de choses. but, in the context i imagine essentially a private drive.

Autocorrect got me. That should have been Ruelle, not Rouelle.

I would think an allée is more of an alley - as in Diagon Alley - and a private drive is a chemin privée but maybe Pascale can weigh in here?

I would think an allée is more of an alley - as in Diagon Alley - and a private drive is a chemin privée but maybe Pascale can weigh in here?
The Ruelle which I noticed is Ruelle d’Entrepont, which I recall as being both narrow and short, the home of Quintessence Pizza and Chefs X.O.

Per the Collectivité, there are now numbers and street names for every residence on the island. I’m guessing that it will take awhile for the data to migrate into Google/Apple maps (if ever). For now, I have a whole lot of new street names to discover. I’ve already learned that an Impasse is a dead end street, and that there is a Jardin d’Eden (Garden of Eden) in Grand Cul de Sac, but I don’t know the difference between a Ruelle and an Allée.

ADDRESS

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 marked a significant step for Saint-Barthélemy: the online launch of the Base Address Locale.

From now on, each resident has a specific address including a name and street number.

This initiative will make address searches easier for residents and visitors alike.

You can visit the database at:

or by scanning the QR-Code below
View attachment 68368

Map sample:
View attachment 68369
Une ruelle is a narrow road which cars can use... une allee is a small walkable alleyway...