RIVAGE

amyb

Senior Insider
WHat a great setting for lunch. I miss Gloriette being on this spot, but this beautiful restaurant is a gReat addition to the area.

The decor is unique. Wood and straw and woven reeds and everything in harmony with the sea and plantings.

Food is very good. I did Miss some of Herve ‘s reliable delicious standard fare, salad Pilou for example.

Staff is attentive and warms up as the meal progresses. Or maybe that was my cocktail at work.

Menu is expensive. The blackboard specials are gone. Lots of Italian offerings..the veal tonnato was tasty.

Oh, there is now a 10 euro valet parking charge.

THINGS CHANGE.

I thought the pizza at $25 was a fair price

CB514B21-FA54-4FC3-B81F-EE950BBEC4B7.jpeg

Hi Andy...sorry to see you arrived solo. Stuff happens!

Hi to Chris and his companion who sad to report, a name I have forgotten.

What are some of your your thoughts about SBH after your skipping a few years?

Amy, sounds like another one of the increasing number of Saint-Barth restaurants where it’s best to turn off the part of the brain in charge of budget concerns and just enjoy the lovely experience. N’est-ce pas ? :nerd:

Chris’ new companion is Victoria. My companion got Covid 5 days before the trip. Stuff happens.
Anyway, the island is way more crowded than I remember. Construction is about the same except I saw one monster villa going up. Restaurant prices have risen but so have the ones at home but I thought Tamarin was a bit high compared to others I dined in here. A couple of days left and I would like the kids to sample some local places for lunch like Au Regal or Chez Rolande.

Amy, sounds like another one of the increasing number of Saint-Barth restaurants where it’s best to turn off the part of the brain in charge of budget concerns and just enjoy the lovely experience. N’est-ce pas ? :nerd:

Cass, I can roll with it. Just surprised to see the free parking is no longer offered. Was a nice perk.

Chris’ new companion is Victoria. My companion got Covid 5 days before the trip. Stuff happens.
A couple of days left and I would like the kids to sample some local places for lunch like Au Regal or Chez Rolande.

Hello Victoria. Hope you are enjoying our happy place.

Andy, you are right about prices up all over the island, and the world. It is what it is. We are happy with one meal out per day and now find we dine mostly at home. I am enjoying this retirement lifestyle tremendously.

I saw you visited Langouste and guess the huge house on the left was the one where you turn off to get to Annie's. A lot going on for what used to be a sweet little neighborhood, methinks. If you head to Lurin, checkout the new skyscapes here.

Keep having fun. Stay safe. Good to have you back.

WHat a great setting for lunch. I miss Gloriette being on this spot, but this beautiful restaurant is a gReat addition to the area.

The decor is unique. Wood and straw and woven reeds and everything in harmony with the sea and plantings.

Food is very good. I did Miss some of Herve ‘s reliable delicious standard fare, salad Pilou for example.

Staff is attentive and warms up as the meal progresses. Or maybe that was my cocktail at work.

Menu is expensive. The blackboard specials are gone. Lots of Italian offerings..the veal tonnato was tasty.

Oh, there is now a 10 euro valet parking charge.

THINGS CHANGE.
I hope they still offer those wonderful burgers and frites. Will miss the free parking will still visit in May

:cool:

Agree that it is a beautiful setting and the food is pricey, but delicious! I find you can forget about the price if the company is worth it!