Restaurant Prices - Yikes

Not sure that's true or will necessarily continue to be true. The place we had been staying (Au Coeur Caraïbe) (where we were perfectly happy) has raised their prices approx 40% in 4 years. It wasn't cheap before, but is more than we want to spend now. So, though we had planned on a March trip to SBH we're going elsewhere in May. Not the Dominican but a very, very lovely place with magnificent views, lovely wines, excellent restaurants, and a multitude of walk-out-your-door hikes. Fully equipped 1 BR apartment with stunning view for 90€ per night in high season. More restaurants to choose from and much more reasonably priced. Air fare a bit more but not that much more.
We'll probably do SBH next March, but escalating prices will make a difference for some vacationers.

Glad you haven't given up on SBH completely, but I have to ask, where ARE you going in May?

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpg

Cassis

I was impressed with Grain de Sel with their Creole Fusion cuisine. They were able to find that well balance of flavors, which popped in my mouth. Additionally, the service was fantastic. With an appetizer, main course and beer, the bill was about 70 Euros. -- As KatVA noted in a previous post, I didn't spend much on this vacation. Eating with the locals certainly helped and gained a new appreciation for their traditional cuisine, typically fish or chicken and some Creole influence. -- This trip was also the most rewarding experience compared to my past visits because I was less of a tourist and more a guest of St. Barth.

Glad you got the time and opportunity to decompress, Tom. As I like to say AHH, ST BARTHS!

I've combed the archives for a comparison of prices then and now and this was the only one I've found. One from 2012 and the current one online.

1.jpgScreen Shot 2016-02-20 at 8.57.36 AM.jpg

We each had grilled lobster at La Gloriette last week and it was 44 Euro. Last year it was cheaper but the lobsters were smaller. BTW at Tiwana the same size lobster was 100 Euro. Liz said it was the best lobster she had ever eaten and she is from New England. The view was not bad either. :) Apples and oranges?

It depends on the size of the lobster for sure, we split one at La Goriette for lunch today and it was 60 euros.. but delicious !