• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Massage by Veronique

KevinS

Senior Insider
A very special friend gifted us with a wonderful treat on our recent SBH vacation. We were given the gift of a pair of in-villa massages, provided by Veronique.

Veronique arrived at the arranged hour, and set up her portable table on the pool-side terrace. She requested that we provide two beach towels and one smaller towel, which was easily done at our well-provisioned villa. Being a tiny bit shy around a woman who I had never met before, I temporarily felt the need for just one more towel…

Veronique is a skilled and accomplished masseuse. I very much enjoyed my massage. I have a wonderful masseuse at home who de-stresses me regularly. For years she has been recommending that I get a massage while I’m in St Barth. Thanks to my special friend, I have done so. It won’t be the last time.

My experience with masseuses on SBH is limited to a set of one, but I get a deep tissue massage every other week at home, and I know what I like. Should you desire a massage on St Barth I suggest that you contact Veronique. Her website is http://www.veroniquemassages.com/
You can reach her by telephone at +590.690.74.12.77, on-island 0690.74.12.77.

Since it was a gift, I do not know what Veronique's rates are. The rate that I have seen posted by island hotel spas is €125 for a 55 minute massage.

I just had a massage yesterday at the guanahani hotel spa, it was amazing, this was a special treat for me also, from a very good friend. the prices there are, 125 euros and worth every penny.

The Hotel Carl Gustaf is also offering a special price of 95 euros which also includes your lunch. sometimes in the summer the isle de france also offers the same special including lunch.

I'm resurrecting an old thread. Today we were again visited by Veronique for an afternoon massage on the terrace. On top of a gentle post-lunch rum glow, it added a relaxing cap to the afternoon. I don't know why I don't have villa massages more often.

Neither of the above websites appear to be working. Veronique's contact information is attached below:

image.jpg

I meant to post this earlier, but we also had a wonderful massage at our villa in early April. My husband and I both said this was one of the best massages we have experienced (and we loved the Guanahani couples massage last year). We highly recommend Zoé Leefsma (St. Barth Massage) - she was a delightful young woman (and very beautiful!). It was 90 minutes of pure bliss! We already know that we will be contacting her again next year, as we were so impressed with our massage. She is fairly new to the island, along with her young daughter and we hope she has great success! It was such a wonderful day!

I did leave a few of her cards in our villa (EMM), but would be happy to provide her contact info. We consider ourselves massage experts ( lol! ) and are rarely as overwhelmed as we were with our wonderful day!

Again...I love how you live life, Kev!

What, pray tell, is a "MANUCURE"? I have my own thoughts :cool:, but would like yours?

Please advise - we are looking forward to our massages with Veronique this week, but wonder - what is appropriate for her special services other than her standard payment? Is a tip or gratuity (so ingrained in my american mind) insulting, expected, optional? I want so much to do the right thing and would appreciate advice. This is a gift and I do not how to respond except to be very, very appreciative. And goodness knows I am grateful and delighted!

Veronique's massages have always been gifts to me, so I have no idea what her rates are. I don't think that any additional tip is required, and it's definitely optional, but I'm not above slipping her an extra €20 along with a Merci Beacoup.

Heaven has a synonym and it is Veronique! What a lovely, lovely person to meet, and what a heavenly massage. As noted above, the best way to reach her is by her email or telephone once you are on the island.

My wife had another massage from Veronique in February at our Villa and once again she was very happy her service. Since she doesn't work for a SPA, any amount she charges and you pay goes directly to her.