• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

I've Had Enough Snow!!!

NHDiane

Senior Insider
ATT00030.jpg

ATT00033.jpg

ATT00039.jpg

ATT00054.jpg

ATT00063.jpg

ATT00066.jpg

Sometimes it is hard to maintain your sense of humor..these folks managed to do that.

We are tired of the snow also. That is why we are returning for the Bucket later this month. A friend asked me if I wanted to crew on one of the ships. Does anybody have any advice on this? I sail but have never done so in a race or in a ship as large as those in the Bucket. We have gone to the Bucket in the past and even though ashore, everybody is smiling and having fun, observing the crews close up racing, it is very serious business, especially in a good wind.

This storm is a disaster for the runners in the Little Rock Marathon. My sister had to bail out at the half do to a major knee blow-out:uncomfortableness:, but her running mates kept going only to be rerouted/cancelled because of severe lightning storms, heavy winds and unrelenting rain. My sister is holed up in her hotel room with a cheeseburger, a shake, and lots of ice on her knee. I don't know when they'll be able to leave! What a shame....

This storm is a disaster for the runners in the Little Rock Marathon. My sister had to bail out at the half do to a major knee blow-out:uncomfortableness:, but her running mates kept going only to be rerouted/cancelled because of severe lightning storms, heavy winds and unrelenting rain. My sister is holed up in her hotel room with a cheeseburger, a shake, and lots of ice on her knee. I don't know when they'll be able to leave! What a shame....

Kat - my sis lives in LR and I just had a text from her. Temps dropping fast with thunder, lightening and rain. Will be in the teens within a few hours. Sorry to hear of your sis and her injury...tell her to keep that ice going and drop some into a few drinks. Maybe a bottle of bubbly from a room service??

Kat - my sis lives in LR and I just had a text from her. Temps dropping fast with thunder, lightening and rain. Will be in the teens within a few hours. Sorry to hear of your sis and her injury...tell her to keep that ice going and drop some into a few drinks. Maybe a bottle of bubbly from a room service??
Yeah----- the storms were bad, I heard! It takes a lot to reroute and cancel a race, right in the middle of it! And yes, the icy forecast and temps plunging is bad there---- a lot of runners bailed, and the medals have to be picked up later. The ice is keeping my sis stuck there for now......they drove there from Kansas City. I was supposed to be there, but couldn't make it.

Arkansas is different than NH ski country, Mike :cool:

LOL!!! Latest update is that my sisters two running mates got turned back at mile 18, and had to wait in the freezing weather for over an hour a shuttle to pick them up. What a disaster!