Honeymoon Villa in August

Sharon

SBH Member
Hi Everyone! My fiancé and I are planning on honeymooning in late August, and would love some suggestions on romantic villas. It will be our first trip to the island, so we'd like to experience what St. Barts is all about. Our ideal wish list would include a great view and either fans and mosquito nets, or air conditioning in the bedroom. Thanks in advance!

Sharona78,

Welcome to the forum. You don't mention what your budget is or any particular location you would like to stay which may help.

You mentioned that you would be staying in late August. Villa Blue Diamond offered by St Barts Properties is a villa I have looked at before but I just can't seem to get into. It seems to fit your criteria. Have a look here:

http://www.stbarth.com/villas/detail/blued/blue-diamond#avail

Thanks, Steelpe. The villa you suggested looks beautiful! It may be a bit out of our price range though. We're trying to stay around $3,000, which won't be easy, I know!

Villa La Case du Roy is perfect for one couple. It's in Anse des Cayes, conveniently located to both St. Jean and Gustavia, as well as to anywhere else on this small island. It's both fully screened and fully air conditioned, and there is a large hot tub in the back garden area. The villa looks out over the sea toward Lorient and Pointe Milou, which includes a great view of all departing flights. Jocelyne is a delight and will help to make your honeymoon a very memorable one. She has thought of everything, both the things you need and those you never thought of. The cost is well below your budget, which means you can plan a longer visit and enjoy all the island has to offer.

Last year we stayed at villa Namaste (AUM), which I think is in your price range. Pool, great sunsets and private, yet walking distance to Hideaway, Eden Rock and St Jean beach (both sides), so it was nice for a first time visitor. Driveway was too steep for the Fiat we initially rented, but the replacement Jimny worked fine. We would have rented it again for our trip in a couple of weeks, but it was taken. Instead we're splitting time between Flamands (on the beach) and Point Milou. These are also in your price range and can let you know what we think in a month..

I went looking for AUM when I was planning my trip a few weeks ago. I couldn't find it listed and I didn't know what the real name was so I thought it was taken off the market. Rented MJS instead Thanks for the real name.... I will have to remember it in 5 years when I am planning my next trip. :uncomfortableness:

When we rented it last year, it was AUM, but since this past fall it became Namaste. The guest books have entries dating back 20 years, so they have a loyal following.

IMG_2595.jpgIMG_2455.jpgBonjour, et bienvenue, Sharona78!! Davesdad and I wish you the very best honeymoon. Please see posts on the Mosquito Milk. It is the very best mosquito repellent and you can't get it in the United States. You can go to the grocery store across from the airport (in the back of the shopping center,) called Marché U, where you can find it with the other mosquito products. I have taken to calling it, after another post on the site, "Eau de Saint Barth" as you wear it all the time and I do not suggest you wear scented products or perfume while you are down there. I am super sensitive to everything and I just rolled it on all exposed parts (get the roll on in the glass bottle), and I am sure you will find it much more pleasant than any other DEET product. I actually forgot to wash it off one night and I did not get any reaction on my skin, and the best news is that I did not get any mosquito bites, thanks to Mosquito Milk and the winds we were lucky enough to have. That being said, the Dead Moustique (name is too cute, right?!..it should be the name of a band) guys were spraying at our hotel, the Guanahani, so it did not hurt that they were around.

As for the Mosquito rackets that our Kevin has mastered like he is in the US Open, you can find them at the gas station hanging low on the wall opposite the cashier! I think I took a photo so that someone might need the info and voilà, there you are! Happy travels to the very best place in the world!

PS. Apologies for the blurry photos..from an I Phone. Again, I'm no Ricky..

Check out villa Paradis on vrbo. Stayed there in 2006 and enjoyed it. You can rent both upstairs bedrooms for 3600 and use the extra space. Has pool, privacy and the wonderful sound of waves crashing on the rocks below.

My wife and I are going in mid June and had the same budget as you. We looked at several but chose Enfin. Others we considered were Case et Cuisine and Kyody. We ended up chosing Enfin because of the privacy and the location is high, which hopefully should help with Mosquitos because of more wind. It also came with a rental car included. It is very open in the living area but there is AC in the bedrooms and we do not spend much time in the living area anyway. We also went to SBH on our honeymoon and could not imagine a better place. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year while there and we have been looking forward to our return since the day we left.

Sharona, you could also look at villa Royal Palm offered by st barts properties..... Basically the same view as Blue Diamond just an older style villa. I believe it is next door to Blue Diamond (hence the same view). It fits your budget..... But I am not sure about the timeline. Again, I have never stayed there as the villa is never open when I travel.

I too vote for Villa Royal Palm. It has everything and at a great price. Air conditioning throughout, whole house stereo, incredible view, screens... etc.

Thanks to everyone for all of the tips and suggestions! The only problem now is that every single place recommended looks spectacular. I've never traveled to a place that has such a dedicated and enthusiastic community, which says quite a lot about the island and what we're in for on this trip. We're so very excited to experience it firsthand!

Sharona,

My wife and I are headed to Villa Coco De Mer (WV CCM is the Wimco code) for an extended stay beginning in late June. One of the reasons we picked it is b/c it's at a high elevation, has fans and screens throughout, and I think it may have AC in the main case/building. We've only been in the summer once before, but really enjoyed it. It looks like Coco de Mer is available in late August. I'll let you know more about it when we arrive in a few weeks. Only thing to consider is that the pool is shared, but that wasn't an issue for us given how private the villa is from the pool. We rented directly from the owners, and they have been a pleasure so far.

-Greg

If available, you might consider Les Basses, Case et Cuisine or Flamands Blue...i'm sure that the owners will make your honeymoon memorable experience....
all three have great owners