• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Great to be back!

Piper81888

SBH Member
We left San Jose, CA at 1130pm Friday and landed in NY Sat morning. Got to our connecting flight which was delayed 1 hour. Landed in SXM and had to wait an hour to get off the plane because the APU was broke on the plane and they needed to get a ground APU. 3 tries later they finally got one that worked and we got off to go through customs. Lines like I have never seen before!!
We had a connecting flight over at Grand Case on St Barh Commuter due to our schedulesd landing and flight availability. If our plane was on time we had a 3 hr buffer which I tought would be enough. This would have been enough IF our flight was on time! We did the unimaginable and asked people up in front of the line if we could cut to get through customs as we had 30 min to grab a taxi and get to Grand Case before our plan left at 5:30. They agreed and we got through abd grabbed a private taxi at 5:00pm. We went on the ride of our life as the taxi driver did everything he could to get us there by 5:30!
We arrived at 5:29 as I ran in to see the St Barth Commuter desk already closed and that was the last flight out. I asked the Air Carribes attendant if the plane left yet and he said "Sorry, your out of luck. I know how they operate and they wont come back to let you on". I knocked on the glass door where the pilot was outside standing and he nodded to me. The next thing I see is the St Barth Commuter attendant coming back to check us in!!!!!
He checked us in and we made it here (albeit 45 min late due to the plane delay caused by us :( )
St Barths Commuter customer service was awesome!!!!! as well as the other passengers on the plane who congratulated us for being able to make the flight and not be stuck in St Martin for the night.
Now getting our awesome massages from Cleo at our villa!!!!
Great to be back!

I greatly admire West Coast visitors even when it all works perfectly. Enjoy your persistence and success! See you Wednesday at 6!

Persistence pays off! Congratulations- well done! Now you can decompress and worry about the clouds, a little rain, where you will have lunch and dinner, making it to the boulangerie, what stores to shop in and when, what beach to go to and the stars and rainbows!

We always spend at least one night on Orient just to fly SBC out of GC. Love the staff there. And now even more.

We left San Jose, CA at 1130pm Friday and landed in NY Sat morning. Got to our connecting flight which was delayed 1 hour. Landed in SXM and had to wait an hour to get off the plane because the APU was broke on the plane and they needed to get a ground APU. 3 tries later they finally got one that worked and we got off to go through customs. Lines like I have never seen before!!
We had a connecting flight over at Grand Case on St Barh Commuter due to our schedulesd landing and flight availability. If our plane was on time we had a 3 hr buffer which I tought would be enough. This would have been enough IF our flight was on time! We did the unimaginable and asked people up in front of the line if we could cut to get through customs as we had 30 min to grab a taxi and get to Grand Case before our plan left at 5:30. They agreed and we got through abd grabbed a private taxi at 5:00pm. We went on the ride of our life as the taxi driver did everything he could to get us there by 5:30!
We arrived at 5:29 as I ran in to see the St Barth Commuter desk already closed and that was the last flight out. I asked the Air Carribes attendant if the plane left yet and he said "Sorry, your out of luck. I know how they operate and they wont come back to let you on". I knocked on the glass door where the pilot was outside standing and he nodded to me. The next thing I see is the St Barth Commuter attendant coming back to check us in!!!!!
He checked us in and we made it here (albeit 45 min late due to the plane delay caused by us :( )
St Barths Commuter customer service was awesome!!!!! as well as the other passengers on the plane who congratulated us for being able to make the flight and not be stuck in St Martin for the night.
Now getting our awesome massages from Cleo at our villa!!!!
Great to be back!

California SBHers do indeed deserve extra credit.

I agree whole heatedly. We New York area residents sure have it easy and we have so many more options. The West coasters go the extra mile to get to St Bart..applause applause.