Croissant analysis-Sunday 8:30 am

Eve

Senior Insider
We take it upon ourselves to compare and contrast various things on the island, so that others, and we, will not waste time next trip.
I had to go to town this am I order to get my sister a croissant and a tuna sandwich at Choisy. (We already had completed the Petit Colombe/Choisy/U sandwich comparison. Obviously Choisy won). We parked on the harbor. While we were in the hood, and it was so quiet, I needed to figure out the Joel Roubuchon block. Then it dawned on me that Sin Garden was not in that block and was a totally separate thing. Good to know.
So I said, we will now go to Joel’s bakery and compare croissants. After 3x the time and 3x the money, we walked out with our croissant. Actually Pain au Chocolat.
All we can say is that for 3.5€, there is absolutely NO comparison to anything else on the island. Crispy, crunchy and buttery. Spoiled for all others.

• Heart
Reactions: JEK
Def, JRtoGo on entirely different level than the other offerings on island. Everything they make/sell is first class. Charcuteries, viennoiseries, patisseries, cookies, cakes, taramasalata, smoked fishes, pain, pâté en croûte, etc.

Thanks for the input and review Eve. You are not the first to extol their skills for breakfast and dessert treats. Sometimes you just have to use the RISKY BUSINESS line and say WTF and give in to your cravings.

@Eve, totally agree. We had some amazing apple and almond pastries, croissants and a melt in your mouth truffle quiche from there a couple of weeks ago. It’s a lovely shop!