Covid testing in St. Jean

EddyG

SBH Insider
More testing will be needed for US travelers to return home and so I asked Pres. Bruno Magras about this.

Here is what he wrote:

"I have given my green light this morning, to help financially, the Red Cross increasing the test process in Saint-Jean.
They will have people very soon.
They will be testing as usual with the anti-gene but also with the PCR. The analysis of the PCR will be made at the Lab.
They should be able to respond to the request.

Concerning the vaccine, from next week the vaccine will start for the disable people at the EHPAD and for the medical personal over 50.
After word it will continue but I do not have all the information at the present time.
It's the Regional Health Agency who handle that part. "

I will get more info about the testing hours, but you should be able to get a test to return home.

The Red Cross is doing a great job and will need financial help to do all they do.

We are so looking forward to our 2 week stay on SBH starting the first week in February. I haven’t seen anything recently about covid testing after 7 days on the Island. Is there any recent decision on this? Will we have to test the 8th day and then 3 days before we leave? Any updates on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Louise, despite everyone who was asked, including the hotels and rental agencies, insisting that the test after 7 days was a requirement, it turns out to be a recommendation.

Where is the covid testing site in St. Jean? And how do we make an appointment ahead of time? Are there any options to have the covid testing done at the hotel? We are only staying on the island for 3 days and concerned that even if we test the day we get there, we won't get the results back before we leave in order to board our flight home. This seems very concerning for all U.S. tourists.

Thanks Kevin. It has been hard to feel confident that we were getting the correct info. I will keep checking back in case there’s a change.

Where is the covid testing site in St. Jean? And how do we make an appointment ahead of time? Are there any options to have the covid testing done at the hotel? We are only staying on the island for 3 days and concerned that even if we test the day we get there, we won't get the results back before we leave in order to board our flight home. This seems very concerning for all U.S. tourists.

The St Jean test site is in a tent at the back of the public parking lot in St Jean, near the cemetery. I don't know if it is possible to make an appointment, but your hotel should know. The free test is an antigen test, with results returned in 30-40 minutes. Bring your passports.

It is possible, for a fee, to get tested in a hotel or villa. I do not have any details on that. Your hotel should be able to assist you.

Thanks for all the information. Seems easier to get tested on the island than here in the states. Has anyone traveled through SXM? Thinking about PremiumIV to avoid some exposure.

We are arriving 2/6, party of 6, I am very concerned about all the timing of the testing. We can’t get “stuck” in paradise, jobs await! We have been going for 20 years and this year I’m questioning if the planning/ requirements are worth it, unfortunately we booked in September and thought this Covid thing was going to get better, so now we’re paid in full and can’t reschedule. I know it’ll be great if/when we get there!

I agree...Go for it!

4 of us are coming down mid March. All of us have had Covid. We are planning on using Covid Consultants for testing prior to St Barths arrival and then getting a test in St Barths for USA return. My least worry in all this is the testing in St barths. There seems to be several options. At this point my biggest worry is the airlines. We are waiting to book because the schedules keep getting tweaked. We have been hemming and hawing over this for months (this is a rollover reservation from last March) but at this point we just feel like taking the deep breath and diving in. We miss the island sooooooo much.

Good reminder to all travelers...verify that your flight is still scheduled wherever you are heading!

My wife and I spent 11 wonderful days on St Bart's--Jan 8-Jan 19--we were informed by Vincent at Premium 4 that we were required to have a test for in transit departure in St Maarten(he said everything is so fluid and the guidelines seem to change daily)--You do not need a test after 7 days on St Bart's just when you leave-On Monday Jan 18-we had our test done by the Red Cross in St Jean(behind the cemetery and near the fire station)--first come first serve from 8am-3pm-we arrived at 7:30am and were 10th in line(bring your passports and there is no charge)-the entire process was fairly seamless and in less than1 hour we were emailed our negative results-after that we completed the EHAS form for St Maarten-uploaded the test results to the form and again within an hour were approved--the entire process was very easy-I would recommend to anyone thinking about canceling because of the extra hoops to go through-DON'T--it is well worth it-you will not be sorry!!

I agree...Go for it!

4 of us are coming down mid March. All of us have had Covid. We are planning on using Covid Consultants for testing prior to St Barths arrival and then getting a test in St Barths for USA return. My least worry in all this is the testing in St barths. There seems to be several options. At this point my biggest worry is the airlines. We are waiting to book because the schedules keep getting tweaked. We have been hemming and hawing over this for months (this is a rollover reservation from last March) but at this point we just feel like taking the deep breath and diving in. We miss the island sooooooo much.

definitely go!1-we used Covid Consultants as well and it worked perfectly-had a PCR test done at the Red Cross tent In St Jean before we left-had results within an hour!1

I saw that St. Maarten won’t take an at-home test kit for arrival there. Anyone knowledgeable about that? We definitely have lined up in-person options, just wondering about the requirements.

I saw that St. Maarten won’t take an at-home test kit for arrival there. Anyone knowledgeable about that? We definitely have lined up in-person options, just wondering about the requirements.

Where did you read that? Isn't Covid Consultants testing a at home kit?