Breakfast For Dinner

KevinS

Senior Insider
We stayed in last night. We’ve had a good run at dining and pillaging since we arrived here, but it was time for a break. My wife loves breakfast at any time of the day, so we had Breakfast For Dinner.

We still have fresh Local Farm Eggs, which were gifted to us. We have cheese. We have Crème Légère. We have a fresh Baguette, found this afternoon at U Express (they must get mid-day deliveries, even on Sunday). We have a Tarte Citron which I bought the day before yesterday, just because I like Tarte Citron. We have a chilled bottle of Veuve Clicquot, a gift from our villa owner. We have Veuve Cliquot Champagne glasses (glass, not the orange acrylic ones), which we store here. The only thing missing for us was Bacon, and that’s OK.

While we were prepping for dinner the wind and the rain came. Strong wind and heavy rain. Really strong, and really heavy, There was an empty Liptonic can on an outside table which may be in Antigua by now. The rise in the pool level was noticeable. Not an inch, but maybe a centimeter. After the rain passed we continued to see lightning in the clouds to our east.

So, Breakfast for Dinner. Cheesy Scrambled Eggs. Baguette Toast (with French butter!). Veuve Cliquot Champagne in a nice logo glass. Tarte Citron for dessert. Background music on the Sonos box. Lightning to add a pop to the night sky.

All in all, a successful dinner, which we should plan and do more often.

PS Tipping never came up, 😂

. . . a very special SBH dinner, Kevin . . . complete with “feu de artifice!” Enjoying one’s Villa is essential to appreciation of knowing St. Barths.

We stayed in last night. We’ve had a good run at dining and pillaging since we arrived here, but it was time for a break. My wife loves breakfast at any time of the day, so we had Breakfast For Dinner.

We still have fresh Local Farm Eggs, which were gifted to us. We have cheese. We have Crème Légère. We have a fresh Baguette, found this afternoon at U Express (they must get mid-day deliveries, even on Sunday). We have a Tarte Citron which I bought the day before yesterday, just because I like Tarte Citron. We have a chilled bottle of Veuve Clicquot, a gift from our villa owner. We have Veuve Cliquot Champagne glasses (glass, not the orange acrylic ones), which we store here. The only thing missing for us was Bacon, and that’s OK.

While we were prepping for dinner the wind and the rain came. Strong wind and heavy rain. Really strong, and really heavy, There was an empty Liptonic can on an outside table which may be in Antigua by now. The rise in the pool level was noticeable. Not an inch, but maybe a centimeter. After the rain passed we continued to see lightning in the clouds to our east.

So, Breakfast for Dinner. Cheesy Scrambled Eggs. Baguette Toast (with French butter!). Veuve Cliquot Champagne in a nice logo glass. Tarte Citron for dessert. Background music on the Sonos box. Lightning to add a pop to the night sky.

All in all, a successful dinner, which we should plan and do more often.

PS Tipping never came up, 😂
Your cheesy eggs always sound so good! We too stayed in last night. Had friends for sunset cocktails and just as they left the rain began. Very heavy, our cheese plate barely made it under cover! Breakfast for dinner such a great idea. We also love what I call “villa lunch” for dinner which is an assortment of cheeses and charcuterie, a baguette, lentil salad, and a simple green salad. Champagne or Rosé and we’re all set ; )

K I S Keep It Simple and villa meals are becoming more popular with us as well. We BBQor have leftovers or assemble meals--starting with a delicious roti chicken for example.

Or even from scratch...at home dining can be fun.

my grandkids have introduced me to the wonders of breakfast for dinner!