Dear Forum Friends,
What a 6 months it has been...the DD and DM household has been working through some health problems
but the skies are looking clear and I'm keeping fingers crossed that I get to come back to SBH! We expect to be making a cruise stop in January (a friend is treating us..another story) but I'm looking furtively around to see if I can wangle another trip as well. I had high hopes of meeting up with Jamie so I will work on that with her, too, as we live within sight of each other (I think!)
I have a lot of catching up to do with the beloved Forum but even with all of the problems, I did not miss many workout days as that is non-negotiable no matter what condition I am in, and I do not know where the time went, but fingers crossed there will be lots of old Bordeaux in my immediate future
!
I only just glanced at a couple of posts, one being that Le Guanahani got sold (again) but I am familiar with Airelles and from what I understand, a spectacular chain of hotels that I would like to visit in Europe, so I wonder what iteration Le G will take now. (It was still the best when we first starting coming about 25 years ago, and Rosewood was OK, but pre-Irma, Le G was just amazing and low key with the best programs, chef Philippe Masseglia..great "friends" every year we would see again..so much more intimate but in hotels, depreciation seems to be the name of the game, as well as turnover.) I am interested to see what will become of my Le G this time...BUT, I'm ever closer to looking into small villas that might help me convince DD to go back twice in one year! (If you only have 1 day, you have to shop fast!
)
I also read the saddest news about Tim..Tim was SOOOO special and he was a wonderful person; his bike-riding skills were pretty much unmatched in my book, and anybody that could ride a bike around SBH has my unending admiration as I am still too scared to even drive there, but have hopes that some day DD will let me behind the wheel again..(c.f. taking the curve into Gustavia before Public on 2 wheels when you actually have 4 to use..ok, maybe DD had a point..!)
I had read about the new restos coming to SBH in a very interesting article (I will try to find it and share) and of course, the world is sending their representatives of very "in" places, which is not going to bring back Santa Fe, I guess, but at least I can say that I went to Zuma in Miami and had a fantastic time and meal and Zuma just opened in San Diego as well, and I am ready to try it out. It is what it is, for sure..hoping that more small restos appear and do well, but some of the new ones should be good, too. Touche pas à mon L'Esprit, svp...
Well, it looks like Michigan's new coach is not doing the job this year (I had hopes..) but our Padres are making a splash, which has kept us busy so go Padres (until the Dodgers beat up on us again or somebody gets us before..)
Looking forward to catching up with everyone and good health to all..hope to see you around island!! xxoo from DM and DD
What a 6 months it has been...the DD and DM household has been working through some health problems
I have a lot of catching up to do with the beloved Forum but even with all of the problems, I did not miss many workout days as that is non-negotiable no matter what condition I am in, and I do not know where the time went, but fingers crossed there will be lots of old Bordeaux in my immediate future
I only just glanced at a couple of posts, one being that Le Guanahani got sold (again) but I am familiar with Airelles and from what I understand, a spectacular chain of hotels that I would like to visit in Europe, so I wonder what iteration Le G will take now. (It was still the best when we first starting coming about 25 years ago, and Rosewood was OK, but pre-Irma, Le G was just amazing and low key with the best programs, chef Philippe Masseglia..great "friends" every year we would see again..so much more intimate but in hotels, depreciation seems to be the name of the game, as well as turnover.) I am interested to see what will become of my Le G this time...BUT, I'm ever closer to looking into small villas that might help me convince DD to go back twice in one year! (If you only have 1 day, you have to shop fast!
I also read the saddest news about Tim..Tim was SOOOO special and he was a wonderful person; his bike-riding skills were pretty much unmatched in my book, and anybody that could ride a bike around SBH has my unending admiration as I am still too scared to even drive there, but have hopes that some day DD will let me behind the wheel again..(c.f. taking the curve into Gustavia before Public on 2 wheels when you actually have 4 to use..ok, maybe DD had a point..!)
I had read about the new restos coming to SBH in a very interesting article (I will try to find it and share) and of course, the world is sending their representatives of very "in" places, which is not going to bring back Santa Fe, I guess, but at least I can say that I went to Zuma in Miami and had a fantastic time and meal and Zuma just opened in San Diego as well, and I am ready to try it out. It is what it is, for sure..hoping that more small restos appear and do well, but some of the new ones should be good, too. Touche pas à mon L'Esprit, svp...
Well, it looks like Michigan's new coach is not doing the job this year (I had hopes..) but our Padres are making a splash, which has kept us busy so go Padres (until the Dodgers beat up on us again or somebody gets us before..)
Looking forward to catching up with everyone and good health to all..hope to see you around island!! xxoo from DM and DD



