Advice on Rosé, svp!

When we get home, I will encourage drinking the primo wines. Good tip!

Definitely! My friend used to say, "Life is too short to drink bad wine!" But I suggest you should not deprive yourself of the the fabulous selections you have in Saint-Barth! A great place to try lots of wines we can't get here. There are so many good French wines there for a very reasonable price that we would never see here...it would be worth being in a villa just to try a different one each night! Hoping you are both doing well and living the dream for the rest of us! xxoo:heart1:

OMG, thank you so much for your contributions! I am having fun "researching" the different suggestions and you have written at the exact right time that I was going to order some more wine, especially the Minuty wines. So here is my question: I have seen several Minuty wines and was going to order two different ones: Rose et Or of Minutyand the less expensive Minuty Prestige Rosé 2019.

They are about $20 or so different in price, which is no big deal, but I was wondering if I should skip the Prestige? The Rose et Or goes for about $47 or so and the Prestige is about $27, plus tax and shipping unless the site does not charge tax. I have seen both for less, but on less reliable sites after checking yelp. The wine.com is giving me a little discount to offset the shipping and they did a credible job getting the wine here in good shape. They are also the only site on which I can find both items. So any opinions are welcome on the Or vs. the Prestige.

Cass, thanks to you, I will go Nebbiolo hunting for your wine! As for the wine cellar, we are with you; the French verb, "dévaliser" comes to mind! Drink the good stuff now, because with this virus, we need to treat ourselves well. Plus, I can't leave it all to Dave! Actually it's all good in there so I let Davesdad handle that part of choosing, as that is one of the "man caves" in the house:laughing-cry:. But I've caught him cooking with some, as he is of the opinion that you should cook only with what you would consider drinking...well, if you get to the West Coast, you can go hunting in the cellar with him. You two would have some really fun conversations!

Thank you in advance for any opinions on the above!

Hello DM!

The vendor I use for my events on Nantucket recommends;

M de Minuty
AIX
Chateau Peyrassol
Hecht&Bannier
ACK

He is not a WA fan but sells a lot of it to people looking for the name recognition in addition to Ott.

I have not had any real interest in rose' recently but did enjoy Garrus and Miraval

I have not had any real interest in rose' recently...​

Truth!

We were just reminiscing about a great lunch at La Langouste with you where we had a bottle of “Diving into Hampton Water.” But as I recall, you were enjoying a different beverage....

Hope you are safe and well

[/COLOR]

Hello DM!

M de Minuty
AIX
Chateau Peyrassol
Hecht&Bannier
ACK

He is not a WA fan but sells a lot of it to people looking for the name recognition in addition to Ott.

I have not had any real interest in rose' recently but did enjoy Garrus and Miraval

Nancy SC is giving up finding WA real name in any posts. Answer is ? Thanks !

Whispering Angel

Of course ! The few times I had WA, I really didn't care for it, there is now another from same co. called The Palm, less expensive, screw top. I tend not to think of rose' as a fine wine tho I know others will disagree...like a well chilled beer, that's rose' to me on a hot summer day.

Of course ! The few times I had WA, I really didn't care for it, there is now another from same co. called The Palm, less expensive, screw top. I tend not to think of rose' as a fine wine tho I know others will disagree...like a well chilled beer, that's rose' to me on a hot summer day.

I’m a fan of all the Rosés under the Chateau d’Esclans umbrella (Whispering Angel, Rock Angel, Les Clans, Garrus, etc) as well at The Palm by Whispering Angel.

[/CENTER]
Truth!

We were just reminiscing about a great lunch at La Langouste with you where we had a bottle of “Diving into Hampton Water.” But as I recall, you were enjoying a different beverage....

Hope you are safe and well

So nice to hear from you guys! On ACK but wishing we would have stayed on SBH. We have had 25 new cases in the last month. Living like a hermit with occasional water outings for fishing and clamming. Too many people coming here. Folks are buying up real estate and from what I am hearing are not planning on leaving. Much preferred the strict policies on SBH which made us feel safe. Hugs to you both.

Kim..still so happy with our decision to shelter here. I am informed Long Island is seeing upturn again.

So nice to hear from you guys! On ACK but wishing we would have stayed on SBH. We have had 25 new cases in the last month. Living like a hermit with occasional water outings for fishing and clamming. Too many people coming here. Folks are buying up real estate and from what I am hearing are not planning on leaving. Much preferred the strict policies on SBH which made us feel safe. Hugs to you both.

Come on back !

[/COLOR]

Hello DM!

M de Minuty
AIX
Chateau Peyrassol
Hecht&Bannier
ACK

It is so nice of you, a professional, to share your information about rosé! I will look up all of those. The M de Minuty is available here and seems to be the least expensive version of Minuty. I was going to try the more expensive versions as an "experiment" but still need to make an order. Château Peyrassol must be good because I have seen the name around from others. Can't wait to try some more. The Minuty Prestige uses that grape I am really fascinated with, Tibouren, while the M de Minuty does not, so it would be fun to try them side by side, along with the Rose et Or version which is made up of only Grenache and Tibouren grapes. Lots to experiment with, but you need a few friends with all that wine!

It must be beautiful to be in Nantucket, too, this summer! Thank you so much for writing and hope to see you back in SBH some day!

Just to add to your information about people buying up property, I understand that this is happening all over the East Coast, especially in the Carolinas, as people want to get out of the big cities..my friends are moving from here to there and could not even get a house on one of the islands as people are buying them sight unseen at such a fast clip. I guess SBH is not immune to the many new buyers...I would love to have a house on SBH, too!! Probably not going to happen, though!! But if I were to have one, my door would be open to y'all and there would be wine!