ADD EXTRA TIME FOR GOING THROUGH PR FROM SBH

Reed

Senior Insider
So we left SBH through PR yesterday and were surprised there has been a change to arrival protocol. Of course the first day of this new protocol was yesterday so no one (including customs) really knew what was going on. Here is what I recall. Pick up in vans as per usual and over to random door entrance which leads to elevator. Go upstairs through immigration where there was no officers present. Got on escalator downstairs where there were no bags on the carousal. Passports were stamped somewhere but at this point I was beside myself as we had a plane leaving in 45 minutes (we also waited for the bus to pick us up for some time). We reported our dilemma to a TW representative and she brought us to another floor where she opened a door and started brining out baggage (by herself) to the waiting customers. She grabbed our luggage from behind some random door and we followed her. 1/4 mile walk I would guess, then on to another elevator and we came out by the food area. Continued walking and put luggage through agriculture screening. Retrieved bags and went to Jet Blue counter. There were about 15 other messed up things that happened that made the whole situation while looking at it now, seem really silly. No one knew WTF was going on nor could answer why things changed yesterday. When asked, we were told that the whole deal takes double the amount of time now.

We made it with minutes to spare. Jet Blue now serve tequila:) Still made it up to Portland Maine where we have a very brief respite before crazy season really amps up on Nantucket.

Oh dear, sorry to hear of your issues and I hope that is not the future situation for Tradewind in San Juan...

Oh dear, sorry to hear of your issues and I hope that is not the future situation for Tradewind in San Juan...

According to the person helping us it seemed like this was going to be the new way of doing things. I can't imagine Tradewind asked for this to happen. Sorry we missed saying goodbye.