RULES FOR VISITING by Jessica Francis Kane

amyb

Senior Insider
I have found a little gem for summer reading. When you simply can not handle another psychological thriller or war story, this is a pure delight. A University botanist decides to visit friends from her younger days and travels to have short visits with them in their homes..what Victorians called a fortnight visit. Her visits do not last two weeks, but each is memorable and eye opening and heartwarming.

The chapters are short, the illustrations of flora are captivating, and I read it in a day! A treat for those who travel and those who tend gardens...no matter the size.

I have found a little gem for summer reading. When you simply can not handle another psychological thriller or war story, this is a pure delight. A University botanist decides to visit friends from her younger days and travels to have short visits with them in their homes..what Victorians called a fortnight visit. Her visits do not last two weeks, but each is memorable and eye opening and heartwarming.

The chapters are short, the illustrations of flora are captivating, and I read it in a day! A treat for those who travel and those who tend gardens...no matter the size.

A Savannah friend just back from seeing ALL his relatives + 1 friend, some he hadn't seen in 50 yrs. Book & photos in the works he said...

Not short stories..a novel where the central chsracter visits 4 destinations so four separate tales within the story

Not short stories..a novel where the central chsracter visits 4 destinations so four separate tales within the story
Thanks Amy. My wife was playing the extreme sport of minitour golf; stepped the wrong way, fell and fractured her wrist and ankle. She loves gardening and obviously will not be doing that for a while. Your recommendation may cheer her up.