AN INVISIBLE THREAD by Laura Schroff

amyb

Senior Insider
The perfect book to finish on MLK Day! The story of an 11 year old panhandler on 56th Street and Broadway, and a caring young woman that almost passes by when he asks "any coins?" She stops on her way, turns, and offers to buy him lunch. How this one act of kindness alters both their lives is inspiring.

I am so sorry. It was my eagerness to get it up, not intentional. I will be more careful with my next review.

if it is Phil and Amy, it has to do with st barts, and at the risk of offending you, I find your comment distasteful at best. I watch the fueding and fighting that sometimes goes on here on this site and I am saddened that it happens among a group of folks that enjoy this special island that I enjoy. have a great day!!!!

if it is Phil and Amy, it has to do with st barts, and at the risk of offending you, I find your comment distasteful at best. I watch the fueding and fighting that sometimes goes on here on this site and I am saddened that it happens among a group of folks that enjoy this special island that I enjoy. have a great day!!!!

No kidding allowed. I'll remember that for sure. :tongue:

I have a feeling that this "guru" thing is going to take a new, unintended (perhaps unfortunate) direction. (Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.)

I agree totally with jcmc...seriously, as a newcomer to this forum I look very much to reading information that is pertinent to the island...the dining, the opening and closing of restaurants, new places just starting, helpful comments on what is happening on the island and information about all that the island offers to those who have been enjoying the island for many years and for those that have yet to enjoy!
I find it extremely tedious to read the back and forth petty squabbling and one-upmanship, private insider chatter...a lovely pastime on a relaxing time spent, in addition to dining, drinking and fun and frivolity, is definitely settling down with a goof book. I am going to get that book, Amy!!

Oops! Please excuse the typo...I like a gooD book...however some goof books are pretty funny and worth reading as well :)

Amy---I agree that "An Invisible Thread" is a superb book and I do not use the adjective lightly. I read it awhile back (got it from the library) and felt it was so worthwhile, I bought a copy for my collection. Highly recommended!

Amy---I agree that "An Invisible Thread" is a superb book and I do not use the adjective lightly. I read it awhile back (got it from the library) and felt it was so worthwhile, I bought a copy for my collection. Highly recommended!

It's apparently quite popular here in Austin. 8 copies at the library and 10 holds. I hope my number comes up soon.

I am 3/4 into this book and I am sold! This is a well-written, first-hand, account of a delightfully unexpected friendship. I will buy a copy for my collection, too, Julianne. Thank you, Amy, for this recommendation!