WAR TRASH by Ha Jin

amyb

Senior Insider
Set in a prisoner of war camp, a story about Chinese soldiers being held during the Korean War and how they endured their confinement. A good read despite the theme and the setting by a very good writer.

Finished-Ha Jin nailed the loneliness and suffering of these Chinese prisoners..

Now I have to find a new read!

I have the one about the guy who wrote the Oxford English Dictionary. I hope it will not prove too wordy.

GROAN...........

Amy,

Are you a Lee Child fan? There's a new Reacher out today. It hit my Kindle this morning, but I'm planning to save it for vacation.

saw that announcement-"The Affair" and added it to my reading list!

Phil and I both plan to read the one with "61" in the title. Maybe "61 Minutes."
We did not read it last trip and left it behind for this trip!

Somehow our ever expanding social life is cutting into our reading time.

break out of the fiction mode and read Following Atticus...I loved loved loved it

heart warming story

I am definitely going to read this!

Love the name of the Newburyport paper THE UNDERTOAD. I can only guess author/journalist/publisher Ryan got that from GARP.

yeah thats too funny... I am trying to get him to do a book signing over Thanksgiving vacation

I have not done a dog book in a while-Marley and Me and Racing In the Rain come to mind. A good two years ago I would guess. So it's time.

well the hot dog books right now are Inside of a Dog and A Dogs Purpose....but I think this one is better than both of them

Speaking of dog books, has anyone read Rin Tin Tin: The Life and The Legend? Heard about it on NPR the other day. Author Susan Orlean also wrote The Orchid Thief (made into the movie Adaptation.) Sounds like a great story and I'm thinking it will be on the beach read list for November.