Just finished this. Probably more for the ladies, but it's a good one! True story of the author's 1 year travels and self-exploration across Italy,

Dorocke

Senior Insider
Just finished this. Probably more for the ladies, but it's a good one! True story of the author's 1 year travels and self-exploration across Italy, India, and Indonesia.

I liked the Italian section the best.(Of course she did)! Then I really liked the guy she met in India(I think). Read it too long ago, I'm afraid.

its been a best seller for a very long time....it and 90 Minutes in Heaven have both been on the best seller list for non fiction for over a year....a little bit of controversy around the book...not my cup of tea

my daughter and i gave it to each other for christmas last year....each to the surprise of the other! i've not read it yet. i'm taking it to sbh in july. i think it needs to be read in a contemplative setting. i'll let you know my thoughts once i finish!

I don't understand- you can Eat, Pray and Love all in Italy which I have done many times. Why bother leaving?

What's the controversy, Mike? Is it on 90 Min. or EPL? Funny, I also bought 90 Minutes at the same time I bought EPL. I got the abbreviated, excerpts version of 90 Minutes- I didn't like that book all that much. It was too influenced by religion, or the author was, and you could tell that he was not a true writer/author.

Now I'm ordering, "My Life in France" - Julia Child, and some Ian McEwan novel, and an Amy Tan book...

it was EPL...it was the same old thing about the truthfulness of her text...thats all..it surfaced last summer and then disappeared....it was all because of that Oprah author who got exposed I think...

Maybe it is just me (the rest of my book club liked it) but EPL did not impress. Felt like it went on waaay to long....

Ashley, let me know how you like the Julia Child book...Have you ever read The Apprentice...My Life in the Kitchen? It's an older book but it's really a good read, about Jacques Pépin.

bev

Bev~ I have not read Apprentice.

It took me several weeks to get through EPL. I actually took it to SBH and didn't even get through Italy while there! I guess I forced myself to finish it bc. I have bought a few books recently and not finished them or even come close.

well, based on all your reviews, i'm leaving EPL at home for my july trip. i may just bring a few books that have fabio on the front cover...you know the ones i'm talking about!

hate to break it to you girls but Fabio types are almost always gay ..and having met Eric I can tell you ( thankfully ) he is not cut from that particular cloth...LOL