Restaurant news

cec1

Senior Insider
Two big items said to be happening . . .

1. Bar de L’Oubli — opening a new restaurant, with a chef from Paris . . . across from Le Select.

2. Italian takeover in Gustavia! Orega’s next incarnation will be Italian . . . ditto for “Quarter Kitchen.” With L’Isola & L’Isoletta nearby, competition for Italian waitstaff is intense.

Two big items said to be happening . . .

1. Bar de L’Oubli — opening a new restaurant, with a chef from Paris . . . across from Le Select.

2. Italian takeover in Gustavia! Orega’s next incarnation will be Italian . . . ditto for “Quarter Kitchen.” With L’Isola & L’Isoletta nearby, competition for Italian waitstaff is intense.
Interesting news. Where exactly across…same location or are they taking over another structure. Thanks

St. Barthelemy is a French Island. Why so many Italian restaurants? I prefer French cuisine.

I think it’s the Old Alma location, or the one behind it.

4-5 months ago Ellen mentioned that I should ask Nicolas about the new restaurant, but I never ran into him. I’m not sure if she mentioned the Old Alma building, or the one behind it.

4-5 months ago Ellen mentioned that I should ask Nicolas about the new restaurant, but I never ran into him. I’m not sure if she mentioned the Old Alma building, or the one behind it.

Or what’s left of it.

1C479606-5527-4B75-8EC5-73AA2EF3B2BF.jpg

Actually it will be in the courtyard behind the building where Maison Pelican furniture and vintage ceramics, etc. is located.. it's the recently repainted yellow building across from Le Select toward the high road and the Creperie etc... I think the name is something like Me Brasa.. I will ask Nicolas the next time I see him...

maison pelican.jpg