Le Jardin

PeterLynn

Senior Insider
After a week of all the high-end food, another gem that we've missed over the years, Le Jardin is located in the shopping area next to the old Marché and behind the airport pharmacy where we got our Covid tests last year. Ah the good old days! Also like the the good old days, the near row of parking was mostly full, so since circling back is such a pain, I might suggest continuing to the back row rather than risking it. No reservations were needed and we were quickly seated at the garden side in between tables of locals on their lunch breaks. Unlike a previous visit to another local favorite, Au Regal in Corossol, this group was older and thus less boisterous. Bringing some French is a plus as little English was spoken by our servers. The menu was pretty simple and I chose the special, "Poulet Curry Thaï", which was a "fall off the bone" chicken breast on a bed of rice and a yellow curry sauce. A bit of spice, although not too much, and very filling. Lynn had the grilled Mahi-mahi and chose a small salad as her side. No room for dessert, but with a glass of rosé each, this made for one of the better lunch-time bargains.

Jardin-01.jpg

La carte

Jardin-02.jpg

Good and very filling curried chicken

Jardin-03.jpg

Mahi-mahi and a lime butter sauce

Last edited:
It is a gem in local dining . . . along, IMO, with nearby Le Diamant. Particularly renowned for its daily specials — steak tartare with frites being a particularly great one — Le Jardin also is “home” to Sabine, wife of Tof . . . well known & much liked host at L’Esprit. If ever you’re at Le Jardin & need assistance in English, find Sabine . . . she’s fluent, charming, always smiling, & very pretty!

Hi Dennis,
Did not know Sabine was the spouse of Christophe. Good to know next time I am at Le Jardin.