Beach Hotel advice

jbtravel

SBH Member
Dear all,

We are planning on coming back to the island in the beginning of December. We are staying at the Christopher for one week and are looking for a beach hotel for another week.

The two options we are considering are Baie des Anges or Les Ilets. Les Ilets seems to be a very popular choice here in the forum and I can’t find much about Baie des Anges…

We love walking at the beach and are a bit hesitant because of the fence at Les Ilets / airport. Is there still some beach left at les Ilets for walking? From the pictures I can only see the stairs that lead into the sea.

Flamands beach is also one of our favorites and having the possibility to walk to Cheval Blanc is a plus. :) But again I can’t find much about Baie other than the restaurant. Is the hotel recommended?

What would you suggest for a couple in their 30s :)

Thank you for your help!

Baie des Anges rooms are very nice, as are those at Les ilets. If you’re looking for beach walks, however, I’d definitely go to Baie des Anges.

Baie des Anges rooms are very nice, as are those at Les ilets. If you’re looking for beach walks, however, I’d definitely go to Baie des Anges.
Yes, the rooms look lovely and Flamands beach is among our favorites. I am just a bit hesitant as I have not read much about Baie des Anges here in the forum, nor on booking platforms or SBH villa websites. Anyone who has stayed there in the past? If yes, which room type should we book?

Thank you so much for all the help!

Yes, the rooms look lovely and Flamands beach is among our favorites. I am just a bit hesitant as I have not read much about Baie des Anges here in the forum, nor on booking platforms or SBH villa websites. Anyone who has stayed there in the past? If yes, which room type should we book?

Thank you so much for all the help!
Haven’t stayed there, but — as a former hotel owner on SBH — visited their rooms. All are nice. Try to get one on the beach.

We stayed at Baie des Anges this past May for three days and we really enjoyed it. It has been renovated since Irma so everything is updated. We stayed in a “beach front suite”. The bed was extremely comfortable, there was plenty of closet space, and the bathroom was very nice.
It is right on Flammands Beach, our favorite. We would definitely stay here again if we didn’t rent a villa.

We’re at Les Islets right now and absolutely love it! We are staying in their new Ocean View Studio Apartment. Although not right on the beach, it is a short walk down the path. We have a cute terrace with a view of the ocean. Bread and pastries are delivered every day and they also provide coffee and tea. Sun loungers are available on the beach for exclusive use of guests where you can watch the planes arriving and departing. Stairs take you directly into the ocean. They also provide stand-up paddle boards, snorkels, fins, pool noodles, and other toys. They also have a pool on site although we have yet to see anyone there. I guess the lure of the ocean is stronger! This is our first time staying here, and I can unequivocally say that it will not be our last! We have found our home on SBH!

Thank you all so much for your kind replies and help! After careful consideration, we have decided on Christopher and Baie des Anges for our December getaway. Les Ilets informed us about ongoing construction projects on both sides of their property. This would not have been a problem, we just love Flamands beach! :) We are looking forward to our stay in December!