Fish market in low season?

ellencreynolds8

Bonjour. I am staying in Gustavia and curious if there is a fish market this time of year in SBH? Any recommendations are welcome! Thank you.

This morning

A6BD8F85-AABC-4130-9683-D17F64E38513.jpeg

Bonjour. I am staying in Gustavia and curious if there is a fish market this time of year in SBH? Any recommendations are welcome! Thank you.

Just as you come into Gustavia on the harbor side - see map. They open at 6:00 a.m. Le News (see Andy's post) often has an update on what is available.

gustavia.jpg

It can wait. No problem. BTW, The stone work at the new restaurant,Robichon , is just gorgeous.

Just for the record it's Robuchon, as in the late owner Joël Robuchon, who sadly passed away before this project came to fruition.
Not only do they have the new building that is going up but have also taken over the before-mentioned defunct Galawa, which was behind it.
It is rumored to be 850 square meters, on two floors with a restaurant / boutique / boulangerie / pâtisserie / caterer / and tea room on the ground floor and a bar / lounge/ deck overlooking the port upstairs.
my guess is it will open for next season....

his mashed potatoes are to die for....

Just for the record it's Robuchon, as in the late owner Joël Robuchon, who sadly passed away before this project came to fruition.
Not only do they have the new building that is going up but have also taken over the before-mentioned defunct Galawa, which was behind it.
It is rumored to be 850 square meters, on two floors with a restaurant / boutique / boulangerie / pâtisserie / caterer / and tea room on the ground floor and a bar / lounge/ deck overlooking the port upstairs.
my guess is it will open for next season....

his mashed potatoes are to die for....

2F81A9F9-2DDC-4986-8A30-F67E762066B1.jpeg

YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

24loar, Dave is a mighty fine Cajun Chef in his home and backyard in Louisiana. Thank you author James Lee Burke for giving us a marvelous character to follow for lo these many years. I am a big fan of this detective and his fictional family, coworkers, and friends. Burke writes beautifully and I would guess I have read 15 or more of his books.

Robuchon-Robicheaux, I can see how the confusion came about today. hahaha

24loar, Dave is a mighty fine Cajun Chef in his home and backyard in Louisiana. Thank you author James Lee Burke for giving us a marvelous character to follow for lo these many years. I am a big fan of this detective and his fictional family, coworkers, and friends. Burke writes beautifully and I would guess I have read 15 or more of his books.

Robuchon-Robicheaux, I can see how the confusion came about today. hahaha

Not so big a jump really, as Cajun cooking had its roots in France...
https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/articles/a-brief-history-of-cajun-cuisine/