Shopping at Super U

andynap

Senior Insider
I brought a couple of 1 euro coins for the shopping carts at Marche U. Naturally I forgot them so when I pulled into the parking lot and saw a loose cart I grabbed it. Silly me. No more chains on the carts and no more 1 euro coin to carry around. Who knew?

F5C92CE9-F9B3-4AAD-A818-200D2A6F263E.jpeg

Nice surprise when on island in May to not have to contend with the euro...odd to have to do, wondering why in the 1st place...would anyone really try to take 1 & then push up the hill to the roundabout ?

Nice surprise when on island in May to not have to contend with the euro...odd to have to do, wondering why in the 1st place...would anyone really try to take 1 & then push up the hill to the roundabout ?
In Hyannis MA you can find shopping carts everywhere depending where the homeless are camping. What is the homeless situation on St. Barts?

It was a clever way to get carts returned to a zone and kept in orderly row rather than left all over the parking area.

We have found even with the free carts, things are pretty orderly cart wise.
Also the pay lot next door where the first hour is free is very nice when the MarcheU lot is full. My bride stays with the cart by the exit doors while I get the car. I drive over and we quickly put the groceries in our car and move out. Too rough of s terrain to push the cart over there and then return it.
Also yesterday the marche was well stocked in contrast to other visits over the past two weeks.