Petite Colombe and Choisy in Lorient

dadto6

Senior Insider
I took a short drive to Petite Colombe bakery in Lorient at 5:00am to get some fresh brewed coffee and fresh squeezed oj for my bride and daughter-in-law. Both can not start the day until they have brew.
Much to my wondering eyes to behold, was an empy display case where many sweets usually reside. Startled and amazed, I had to come up with a plan B for future family which should soon arise from their slumber. I took a fast drive down the street to Choisy and great relief, they were stocked fully with chocolate eclairs, coffee eclairs, almond croissants, chocolate croissants, strawberry tarts and Nutella beignet's. Whew, was on the brink of a sugar nightmare for my family. We just returned from fulfilling their sugar fix. Back at the villa to digest and head to the soccer stadium to run. Life is good! Thank you God for this blessed day in Paradise. The sun is shining, the winds have calmed and we are off to a great start.

We also enjoyed a breakfast at Choisy..the Nutella croissant and the custard and berry Danish and cappuccinos..life is good

Wonder why Petite has empty shelves- maybe hadn’t stocked them yet. We also like the Nesspresso/Wine/ Caviar store in the same lot as Choisy. We always choose Choisy over Petite mainly for parking reasons.
Bob- As a reminder, Marche U sells nice sized containers of fresh OJ which we enjoy each morning.

Fresh OJ from the grocery store is fine but nothing beats fresh squeezed at Petite Colombe right in front of you. Enjoyable to watch the machine load a double, slice and then squeeze, cool machine.

Wonder why Petite has empty shelves- maybe hadn’t stocked them yet. We also like the Nesspresso/Wine/ Caviar store in the same lot as Choisy. We always choose Choisy over Petite mainly for parking reasons.
Bob- As a reminder, Marche U sells nice sized containers of fresh OJ which we enjoy each morning.
Thank you Hopper . I did not know about the orange juice

Agree on watching it squeezed in front of you. Two small cups of oj at the bakery though equals multi cups of fresh oj at marche u. We have purchased fresh at the bakery and with all of the bags of croissants etc. and little oj cups that really aren’t designed for take out, it is challenging to bring it all back to the villa. But who cares- you’re on vacation!

The petite colombe bakery will put your fresh squeezed oj into a plastic bottle with screw lid for easy trasport back to the villa.