Shellona spend minimum?

jenlovessbh

SBH Member
Booking a lunch for husband and I at Shellona through villa concierge. Villa concierge is reporting back that there is a spend minimum per person at Shellona for lunch over the New Years weekend of 350E per person. ?.?.?.#$!#$#! We were there this past summer and loved it and of course, there was no minimum. Does this sound accurate to others? TIA for your help.

We have never been there on that weekend but not surprised. Check other restaurants- our guess is you will find similar. How about a wonderful bbq at your villa or take out from say Maya’s for your hotel if you’re concerned about the number of Eiros?

If you want great take out food I highly recommend trying So Cuisine. It is a amazing food and it is a fraction of the price of Maya’s to Go.

We were on the island a few years ago for NYE week and enjoyed New Year's Day lunch at Nikki Beach. There was no minimum.

Shellona has made a statement. I don’t care for it, but it doesn’t surprise me. In my opinion, Shellona has always been about pushing limits and greed, as has their sister restaurant, La Guérite.

Personally, we would not dine there during the festive season based on Shellona’s greed alone. We do enjoy going there, but 350€ p/p for lunch is absolute lunacy.

Personally, we would not dine there during the festive season based on Shellona’s greed alone. We do enjoy going there, but 350€ p/p for lunch is absolute lunacy.
Great Post. Thankyou. Greed is definitely a deadly sin.

That is unfortunate.

We had one of our best lunches there a few weeks ago. Outstanding Greek Chicken dish.

I just called to hear it with my own ears and it's every day from December 24 through January 5. I told the woman on the phone they would certainly alienate locals with prices like that and that the crowd here for 10 days over the holidays won't keep all these fancy places open all year.. she did say there is a lounge downstairs where you can have a light lunch, no minimum, but the full lunch menu upstairs is indeed 350€ per person. They seem to feel it is warranted as the Collectivity won't allow them to cover the beach with tables as in the past...

IMG_6862.jpeg
A common thread is suggested recalling this thread on Regulation of Commercial Use of Beaches (2017):

Beach encroachment is nothing new on SBH, but has been tolerated. My impression is that Shellona got greedy, pushed too far, and triggered this response from the COM.