Perhaps the Times are Changing? And a good thing for business.

Hawke

Senior Insider
This is not a complaint. We are returning with another couple who has been with us a few years ago. In the mid 80's we first visited St.Barts. with 4 children and Denise's sister. Believe it or not we traveled together to the beaches in a Moke. In retrospect not wise, but that was a different time. We survived and we will be visiting again at the end of April. There is nothing that compares to a vacation on St. Barts. The people, the food, the beaches, the scenery around every turn. As many people from that time, I wish I had bought a property. I have lost track of the number of times we have been back, the one constant is that everyone we have traveled with has also returned.

It is remarkable how St. Barths so naturally and swiftly enchants its visitors. Seems nearly magical at times . . .

. . . There is nothing that compares to a vacation on St. Barts. The people, the food, the beaches, the scenery around every turn.
Agree, Kent . . . remarkable combination of factors that draw visitors back, over & over.

To your list, I would add another component — security. I think that the sense of personal safety & security felt in being on SBH distinguishes it as a particularly desirable destination, where one can relax with a high degree of comfort. Maintaining this sense of predictable certainty is, in large part, the mission of the Collectivité . . . its managers know that tourism will wither if a crack opens in this important aspect of the island’s image.

Agree, Kent . . . remarkable combination of factors that draw visitors back, over & over.

To your list, I would add another component — security. I think that the sense of personal safety & security felt in being on SBH distinguishes it as a particularly desirable destination, where one can relax with a high degree of comfort. Maintaining this sense of predictable certainty is, in large part, the mission of the Collectivité . . . its managers know that tourism will wither if a crack opens in this important aspect of the island’s image.
I agree Dennis. As I have posted before, we have visited other islands where we were broken into and robbed.

Kent and Dennis are spot on. Like Phil and Amy say "you either get it or you don't". We get it!

We ‘get it’ as well and have for many years. Having been to many of the Caribbean islands, we only return to Barthelemy-

Yep, we got it the first time we came in the late 90s. Our time every year on St. Barts is what I like to call our "non-negotiable" vacation. We still travel the world every year, but always come back to St. Barts.

We are all very lucky we discovered Ouanalao. Year after year it is a place we always look forward to for several weeks of bliss.