Another Lurin sunset.

phil62

Senior Insider
Amy shot this the other night.

P1060451.JPG

Phil

The Sahara Sands are indeed back. This morning we can barely see the water from our deck.

Phil

Beautiful view of one of the world's oddest places-Saba. I still have a bottle of Saba Spice from a visit over 20 years ago. Murky high-proof rum with
lots of 'herbs and spices' floating inside the 'recycled' liquor bottle. There are only about five different surnames in the phone book-a geneticist's
delight. And then there is the airport and it's FINAL approach.
Great picture!

Thank you kindly. I try to check it out every night..my own game of “Can You Top This?” Some just knock my socks off!

Amazing picture. Much better than my view of SXM right now :cool:

but I have to say we have still yet to have an issue going through SXM. Arrived 3 plus hours early for our 4:43 JetBlue flight due to logistics and SBC schedule. Security, immigration, etc all fine and no big lines. Sat at the bar for a while. Very relaxing and no stress other than the disappointment of leaving paradise for home. I guess our mid-week flight could be the reason but SXM has been good to us

Great to read it, Jim!

My funny story about the small bar at SXM is that a female bartender there, from the pre-Irma days, came to me at the bar when I was passing through in February. I hadn’t been there or seen her in two years. She looked at me, & without missing a beat, said, “Same thing?” I’m not sure what it says, but she clearly deserved (& got) a good tip!

Beautiful view of one of the world's oddest places-Saba. I still have a bottle of Saba Spice from a visit over 20 years ago. Murky high-proof rum with
lots of 'herbs and spices' floating inside the 'recycled' liquor bottle. There are only about five different surnames in the phone book-a geneticist's
delight. And then there is the airport and it's FINAL approach.
Great picture!

Was on Saba for a day in 1975, quite the landing yes. Takeoff too when I noticed the door near my seat was ajar & yelled wait to the pilot, his response was...slam it ! Guess we did the job right !

Great to read it, Jim!

My funny story about the small bar at SXM is that a female bartender there, from the pre-Irma days, came to me at the bar when I was passing through in February. I hadn’t been there or seen her in two years. She looked at me, & without missing a beat, said, “Same thing?” I’m not sure what it says, but she clearly deserved (& got) a good tip!
She is an amazing woman who works hard and helps to raise her somewhat irresponable brother's children. Always remembers our names and what we drink.

Gorgeous shot, Phil! Five more months for Gary and I until we'll be snapping away at every Lurin sunset...they're spectacular and mesmerizing!