Cheval Blanc

crescentbeach

SBH Insider
Maybe someone can comment on a few things I’ve heard.

The beach restaurant has been removed from the beach but does exist, I gather up a level.

The dining room has been relocated to the center of the redesigned main floor area. Does it still afford water views? You would think so.

And there’s now a Kids Club, whatever that might entail.

CB

I’m very interested in more info regarding the beach restaurant. We were very much looking forward to spending the day at CB and lunch with our toes in the sand

My understanding is that the beachfront hotels and restaurants overreached, encroached too far onto the public beach, and have been pushed back. They may have been pushed back to the point that in some cases toes-in-the-sand lunches will no longer exist. I’ll know more next week.

They should start with Le Toiny! :evil:
I’m confused . . . I think the restrictions placed on places like Dining on “the sand” at Shellona & Eden Rock were with respect to their intrusion on area deemed to be public beach. Has Le Toiny done the same thing? My impression has been that Toiny’s Beach Club is on its property. Is that impression incorrect?

Better lawyers, LOL. Look at who they (the lawyers) are, and who they previously worked for. And Dennis is correct. Le Toiny has done some things that many consider to be inappropriate, especially in what is perceived to be a Green Zone, but they haven’t encroached on the public beach. Yet.

Based on what I’ve heard so far, no hotel or restaurant will have the beach operation that they previously had. Nikki has already tried to stretch the limits, and has been slapped.

How does Toiny own it's beach and the others don't? It may be in god's (Vicar's and Brunos's) hands?

(S)Hopper . . . what do you mean by “(h)ow does Toiny own its beach . . .?” If the subject property is “its beach,” then by definition it owns the subject land.

In this regard, I believe that the distnction is found in the fact that there’s a dividing line between property (including sand which commonly may be called “beach”) that (a) is owned privately & (b) is in public ownership. The dividing line, as I understand it, typically relates to a “high tide” concept. Below high tide line is “public.” If Toiny is using sand above this subjective dividing line, then the firm’s terra IS Toiny property. I have no “dog in this fight,” but am of the impression — as previously noted — that Toiny is operating on land that it owns. Perhaps I’m in error.