Island Water Service

mulls01

SBH Insider
Good morning all. I'm seeing on various social media posts what looks like issues with the "city" water and restaurants and other are posting that they are using filtered/bottled water for cooking, ice, etc. Does anyone know anymore? Hopefully it's something that clears soon and folks can resume to typical daily activities.

-Greg

This has been going on for the last couple of weeks. Apparently, the bromide level is beyond what is consider safe for human consumption. We normally use bottled water for everything that can be consumed, including brushing teeth. If you're on Island now, I would stock up.

Phil

Good morning all. I'm seeing on various social media posts what looks like issues with the "city" water and restaurants and other are posting that they are using filtered/bottled water for cooking, ice, etc. Does anyone know anymore? Hopefully it's something that clears soon and folks can resume to typical daily activities.

-Greg

There have been problems with the city water for a while and you should not use it. Various stores have been running bottled water discounts. here is one:

"As a result of the water quality problem, AMC informs you that you negotiated an exceptional price drop on the water of source beaupré in 50 CL, this small format that you find very practical for certain uses in this crisis context.The 3 small beaupré water bottles are now at AMC at the price of a large bottle of 1,5 l.
The Pack of 6 Bottles of 50 cl water from source beaupré is at the exceptional price of € 1,20 or 20 cents of euros the small bottle.

The offer is valid in the 3 AMC stores until stocks are exhausted.