My New St. Barth Photo Book Arrives This Week

EddyG

SBH Insider
For the past 4 years I have been creating images of St. Barth and then editing them down to the most interesting. They are all in my new book called St. Barth Souvenirs (memories in French) because it was finished after Irma and some of the scenes are only memories for now.

These are all new images that were not in my first book, which had about 100 pages. This new book has 144 pages and is "coffee table" size at 15 inches wide and 11 inches tall. Many of the images are printed 30 inches wide.

This book also included special images from a helicopter that was chartered on a very nice March day.

A book this size is difficult to print and bind and took several months longer than planned. So I had only about 100 copies air shipped to that some will be on the island sooner than later. The other ocean shipped copies will not arrive until mid-March or so.

For now only Les Artisans in Gustavia will have these copies and a book signing is scheduled for this Friday at 6 PM. Rose' included. No copies will be available in the US until late March or so.

The price is 79 euros. Copies can be reserved from Les Artisans by emailing Jo-Anne at Les Artisans:

lesartisans@mac.com

All copies sold by Les Artisans will be signed and can include a message of your choice - just include the message in your email to Jo-Anne, or let her know in person. I'll be in St. Barth most of the time until April.

Copies only from Les Artisans will also include a signed print of the aerial photo below.

AND I have a small resort that I built and operate on Middle Bass Island, Ohio. I just found out that HGTV's Island Life will feature this island and scenes from my resort called St. Hazards on their show Sunday, Jan. 28 at 10:30 PM.

I will post a few more photos from the book later.

Thanks! POSTER ED 2018- 2 s.jpg

DSC06031 c a s.jpg

Hi Eddy,

I got a signed copy of your last book. And would love to get a new one.
We won’t be back until December 2018, is there any way to get it shipped to NY?
Thanks

The ship bringing in the books is due to arrive in St. Barth on Tuesday, 29 Jan. They will be at Les Artisans and I will sign all that are here. Shipping to the US will be possible, but not for now. And I am trying to support the local business in Gustavia, Les Artisans, so that is why the book is only there at this time. They will also have a few prints of mine at special prices this week. Les Artisans is a great place to shop at.

Les Artisans is a great place to shop.
Yes it is, Eddy . . . totally agree. And proprietors JoAnne and Albert, have offered, through their shop -- with great hand-crafted, tasteful, and well priced jewelry -- and in numerous community outreach efforts, unrelenting support of artists and their crafts . . . notably paintings, photography, and sculpture. In this regard, somewhat like you, I also am indebted to JoAnne and Albert for nurturing my avocation in recording photo studies of SBH vernacular architecture and scenes of historic dining spots and traditional living. Les Artisans beautifully complements the talents of local artisans!

I was able to present copies of the book to President Bruno and Marius. Both looked at all of the pages while I was there - did not expect that. A few more photos attached from the book. For now, Les Artisans in Gustavia is the only place that has it.

DSC02851.jpg

DSC05176ec_edited-1.jpg

DSC04267e_edited-1.jpg

DSC05273.jpg

DSC05907.jpg

DSC09252.jpg

pano_2ael.jpg

pano_22 ec2e.jpg

pano_27e.jpg

pano_49 cee.jpg

pano_103.jpg

PQe.jpg

Can’t wait until we have our very own copy.
Congrats on a job well done, Ed.
:up:
Signed
A fan