News from La Gloriette

andynap

Senior Insider
There’s hope in Gustavia. Not on the beach tho.

10845F7D-65DF-495D-A14D-5333BA1B60C6.jpeg

The way I read this is just for Albert's rhum, no restaurant plans at this time either on the beach or in Gustavia,right?

Look forward to your posting of the menu someday for a cafe in Gustavia.

Who now
owns the old Gloriette restaurant beach property?

As far as I know, Albert owns the property in Grand Cul de Sac. Café Gloriette is/will be across the street from the post office, and a bit down towards Sibarth.

I think that the Restaurant La Gloriette property at Grand Cul de Sac still is owned by Albert. If there has been a sale, it was in the last two weeks, & there wasn't anything pending at that time. The Gustavia cafe is not going to be a full fledged restaurant . . . no material food prep on site. It primarily will be a wine & rhum bar, with a few tapas-like items . . . perhaps a salad. It's not a large space.

Thanks for the clarification of the CAFE that Albert is building in Gustavia. How near to completion is it?

How near to completion is it?
Boxes of equipment & furniture are in the space now, ready to be opened. I think planned opening is eary- to mid-December -- I'm guessing it'll be week of the 11th. There's also a very nice one bedroom apartment above the cafe that will be available for weekly rental.

We can finish off the last of our rhum now that I know there is more available. It is how we finish off Thanksgiving dinner with the family.

saint-barth will not be quite the same if there's not a la gloriette redux. one of the handful of essential saint-barth experiences. àmha.