Bakeries open

andynap

Senior Insider
FullSizeRender 5.jpg

From La Petite Colombe's FB page:

IMG_1522.JPG

Nice to see the bread going out. Sad to not see Les Bananiers in the background. The St Catherine of Sienna chapel in the background needs a new roof, but is still standing.

My memory is not that good...I was thinking it was further back, but you are there much more often. Sad to see.

How sad. I really hope they rebuild, it had become our go to pizza since Andy left. So strange to see no greenery on the trees at all. But life is always better with a Baguette in hand. Praying for them every day, all day! So many prayers already answered... no loss of life, Jose turning away from the island to name a couple.

How sad. I really hope they rebuild, it had become our go to pizza since Andy left. So strange to see no greenery on the trees at all. But life is always better with a Baguette in hand. Praying for them every day, all day! So many prayers already answered... no loss of life, Jose turning away from the island to name a couple.

Well said! Hope Bananiers rebuilds quickly. Lots of us love that place!!

No wrap around walls and the ceiling canvas and covers are gone too. You know, the stuff that makes it a restaurant and not a picnic space.

No wrap around walls and the ceiling canvas and covers are gone too. You know, the stuff that makes it a restaurant and not a picnic space.
It was basically a tent so can't take too long to resurrect. DDA is going to be busy for a long time throughout the island.