Hurricane Irma

The 5 PM NHC forecast track takes it right between SXM and SBH. I don't recall if that is further north or south than the previous update.

over the past 24 hr the track unfortunately has moved closer and closer to SBH; the eye will now travel just offshore to the north of the island. On Sunday, it was north of Anguilla. If you look at the big island visible from Flamands (Ile Chevreau), the latest course has the eye hitting the north end of that, and just skimming the north end of La Tortue. The eye is 45 miles wide

FWIW hurricane aircraft just recorded 192 mph surface wind. May be updated to 195 mph. This would be the strongest in Atlantic recorded history. Essentially a f-4 tornado many miles wide. Latest track is looking quite possible for direct hit on
sbh. (Updated, still 185 from nhc but 192 was recorded from hurricane hunter aircraft)

In St Jean and having a problem checking into the forum for news as there's too many people on. Do you think for those who are not on the island but are keeping an eye on us and sending best wishes could check in sporadically rather than staying logged in. That way, for us here we can keep in touch... Don't mean to offend anyone just looking out for us all and trying to keep ahead of the news and stay safe. Thank you

I am guessing that the slowness isn't caused by too many people on this forum page, especially since statically sitting on the page doesn't use any bandwidth. I am guessing it is thousands of people around the world logged into webcams on Youtube, etc that want to see how the storm looks.

It's not slow I couldn't connect for more than 45 min. It said the resource is out reached its limit, try again at another time. You could be right though

Thanks Andy, didn't mean to offend anyone. Just concerned about what's to come..
Believe me you are not offending anyone. Everyone is so anxious and helpless here. Be safe and continue to post as long as you can so we know what's going on.

Do we have an estimated time of when the worst should be arriving
At 8:00 PM NHC plot she was 156 miles away moving at 280 degrees at 13mph that would mean the center would be nearest to Gustavia at around 8 am. Using those coordinates I appears it will pass north of Nevis St. Kitts and Saba and south of St. Bart's. There is a recon plane in the center now. The radar is beginning to show sign of the Eye Wall Replacement Cycle which can cause wobbling and variations of wind velocity.

6 to 8 am wednesday will see worst flooding according to the bulletin isued at 5 pm today (tuesday) by meteo france

noaa forecasts that tropical storm winds will start at 2am. Seems consistent with meteo france, as winds will likely increase after that from tropicsl storm to hurricane force.

I just saw a post from Radio St barth for people who are seaside on St Jean and Lorient to evacuate now and go to the shelters.

Meteo france also says to be extremely cautious when things will get quiet expectedly between 8 and 10 am wednesday. This will be the eye of the storm, a temporary situation which will soon followed by renewed violent winds. No one should leave shelters at that time.

On the "tune in radio" app, you can listen to Radio St. Barth. At the moment, they are playing call ins.