Hello! New here with a few questions

mcpepe

SBH Member
Hello all! I'm Maria. I've been to St Barth 6 times as a day visitor on Seadream Yacht Club. This will be my first time staying on island. I'm going Dec 18 to 24.
So far:
I booked a room in a villa on airbnb
Got my SXM flights on points.
I booked St Barth commuter flights to the island.
I am renting a car from Top Loc
Using Jicky Marine for a 1/2 day catamaran sail.

My question is: Is it worth it to get the "Easy Way" VIP at the airports? It was recommended by St Bart commuter.

2nd question, which restaurants have bars that I can eat at? I'm a solo traveler and I find I have the most fun eating at the bar, meeting other travelers and getting to know the bartenders as well.

3rd question. I know the main supemarket is in Gustavia....the parking situation...what to do?

Thanks in advance!
Maria

Hi Maria and welcome. Are you checking luggage or just carry on? If you have checked luggage and it's your first time going thru Juliana airport it may help to engage a service like Easy Way. They will get your luggage and save you a trip thru immigration and customs. Look at their website to see what services they have.
Restaurants with bars would be Orega, LaPlage, Cote Port among others. I'm sure others will chime in.
There is a parking lot where the entrance to Marche U supermarket is but other markets are around the island too and all have parking.

Bienvenue Maria
Value of VIP service depends on how you are traveling. If with a group and lot of luggage with limited connection time, could be invaluable. Solo traveler with carry on only and plenty of connection time, could be helpful but not necessary. SXM airport is small so if you have plenty of time, I wouldn't think vip service is needed.

Havent eaten at a lot of the bars since I've never come alone. One place that I think could be fun for a solo traveler is Le Piment.

There is the AMC market in Gustavia and you have to either find parking on the street or use the pay lot but I think of the main market as the Marche U in St Jean which has a parking lot. Where are you staying? There are also several smaller markets on the island with parking lots.

No, they are singles friendly. You can actually be at a table if you so choose. They do have a nice bartender though.

Le Repaire does have a bar. The seats are on the other side of the bar from the main dining area. Most solo diners eat at a table, but they'll happily serve you at the bar too.

Le Repaire does have a bar. The seats are on the other side of the bar from the main dining area. Most solo diners eat at a table, but they'll happily serve you at the bar too.
Interesting but it has to be hardly used if I didn't know it was there. Maria wants to be able to eat and converse with other patrons at the bar as I read her post.

second bkeats' recommendation for le bar au piment. definitely local and fun, budget friendly, and good tapas, etc.
non-budget friendly recommendation is le bar à l'isola. bartenders anna and dario are the best, food is perfetto. in december i wager you'll find company at the bar.
we didn't make it last time, but i wager le bar à la guérite would be très amusant for a solo traveler.

Many of the restaurants have bars you can eat at and enjoy- On The Rocks, Mango at Christopher for lunch, I believe Villa Marie even has a bar?, Bonito and certainly Nikki Beach. Also Sante Fe has a bar as I recall.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I'm staying in an air bnb within walking distance to st Jean beach! Should be a fun time.

Maria

BAZ is also a good choice to sit at the bar; and for a simple lunch they have paninis at Pink Parrot bar(at Tom beach hotel)