Diet cokes

trey

SBH Insider
This post tests the operating premise of this forum-that no fact is too trivial to be discussed.

This is is my 12th trip. I am hooked on diet cokes. Heretofore I have had to accept the saccharine "coke lites" which are poor substitutes. On this trip we discovered that "diet cokes" are now available at some places. To wit Costco and lorient mini mart. but not marche which has only coke lite. So-happy days are here again.

Oh also the weather is perfect and everything is awesome.

If Mini-Mart has it then there's a good chance that you can find it at the Airport Superette and AMC in Gustavia. They all have the same ownership. It can be found at Segeco too.

As Diana has noted, sometimes all of the stores run out.

Yes Global Distribution or the island version of "Costco" has been operating on the island for quite a few years.

I too, am addicted to Diet Coke, and a couple of years ago, there was none to be found on the island. I suffered through, drinking Coke Lite, but agree that it is a poor substitute. Diet Coke ended up being available at the super market in Lorient (not the new one that is associated with Marche U). I"m not sure if it was available elsewhere, but I know for sure it wasn't available at Le Mini Mart or Marche U.

Anyone seen Coke Zero on the island? I avoid sugared sodas and so have been known to drink a Diet Coke but when I'm on the island I am fine with Coke Light because I think Diet Coke is a poor approximation of the original Coke. When Coke Zero came out, I was amazed that I could get the flavor of the original in a diet soda and so that has become my preferred diet soda. Is it available on the fair isle? Will be there soon and if I can find it I will stock up. Otherwise a ti punch or two or three will tide me over. Diet orangina is pretty great too. I remember as a youth only being able to get orangina when I went to Europe. Now everything is almost available everywhere.

I have been drinking ice tea pesche..green or regular or diet or regular. Sweet. Favorite brand is OASIS. Not to be confused with the shopping center in Lorient.

I'm not a soda person but I'm addicted to Powerade Zero. I bring my own mix to add to water. I love tea, as well, Amy!! Hope to see you all.

You can find Coke Light, and I think Coke Zero as well at Marche U, but I find that the best place to stock up on soda, water, Iced Tea Peche, etc, is Global. They are a warehouse type of operation located on the Saline road just past Ligne St Barth, on the left as your traveling from Lorient.

Phil

Global Distribution is listed in the [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Grocery Stores, Butchers, Fish Markets, Wine Shops, Beverage Wholesalers[/FONT] section of the Resto List. Their hours are:

Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 08:00 – 13:00, Wed, Sat 08:00 – 12:30, 15:00 – 18:00

Gave it up 4 or 5 years ago. Still crave the stuff. totally addicting
AGREE! After a 35 year habit of Diet Coke, as a caffeine "fix," I switched this year to diet lemon-lime drinks . . . Dr's orders. Still longingly look at Diet Coke!

AGREE! After a 35 year habit of Diet Coke, as a caffeine "fix," I switched this year to diet lemon-lime drinks . . . Dr's orders. Still longingly look at Diet Coke!

I drink a combo of ice tea and lemonade most of the time. Mine was motivated by a "pick your poison" comment by my Dr too. Nothing is quite the same.

Very interesting . . . my Dr gave the same recommendation -- substitute an "Arnold Palmer" (half ice tea, half lemonade -- both unsweetened) for the Diet Coke.