Mid-vacation Trip Report

GMP62

Senior Insider
It's so funny...when we are not on St. Barth, I'm on this forum multiple times a day getting my fix and living vicariously through everyone who is here. We've been here since Wednesday, 4/19 and I've barely logged in! Decompressing and relaxing is a good thing I suppose.

We are back at Villa Nirvana in Lurin for our second stay here at this property. It's quite comfortable and really like the locale. It's an easy drive down to Gustavia and St. Jean, as well as to our favorite beach, Gouvenor. We've stayed in many villas over the last 20+ years and it's the first time we've returned to the same property consecutively. Guess we found our 'home away from home'!

We have enjoyed some very fine meals. Maya's was our first night dinner of choice - we love the food there. It's fresh and flavorful and appreciate the simplicity of Maya's food. And love that Dora...always great to see her! Other dinners have been enjoyed at La Bananiers, Santa Fe and L'Esprit - all excellent in their own right. JC at L'Esprit is an absolute God in the kitchen. Today we are giving the champagne brunch at Le Barthelemy a try and returning to Black Ginger for dinner this evening. It's one of our many favorites!

It's a bit overcast here this morning but see bits of blue sky here and there. A lovely morning nonetheless! Ahhhhh....St. Barth!!!

Life in lurin is good. Are the giraffe fihgures still at the plant place on the road to Santa Fe?

Keep having fun and indeed, ahhh, "St Barths". I had that engraved on the back of a bracelet I got at Les Artisans on 11/12/13--it has not come off my wrist.

Life in lurin is good. Are the giraffe fihgures still at the plant place on the road to Santa Fe?

Keep having fun and indeed, ahhh, "St Barths". I had that engraved on the back of a bracelet I got at Les Artisans on 11/12/13--it has not come off my wrist.

Hi Amy! Yes, the giraffes are still there...so cute! And love your idea of engraving your bracelet back...I may have to follow your lead on that one!!