Photos of Chez Pompi?

Bart -my real name-

Senior Insider
All of Tim's "Faces and Places" threads got me thinking about Chez Pompi. My wife and I went there on our honeymoon in 94 and my memory is very fuzzy. I remember lots of paintings on the walls (I got her one shipped up here for our 10 anniversary) and I think it overlooked the water, but I'm not totally sure about that.

Does anyone have any photos of the place?

I've had this in my wallet for 22 years. (Somebody call a doctor)

image.jpg

Don't have any photos but we went there once for lunch. Yes, as your card states, Bart---he briefly served food amidst the paintings! He was as colorful and friendly as his art. Chez Pompi has appeared to be closed when we drove by during the past few years but the sign is still there.

Pompi was very nice to let us use one of his paintings as the image for the Film Festival poster in 2005... wish we had purchased the original... I like his work..

.Poster.2005web.jpg

Great colors and so full of life. A good choice,Ellen. I hope it went to a happy home.

Ellen - If that comment was directed at me, yes! I agree!!

I'd just like to know where it was!!!! Like I said, my memory is fuzzy.............for some reason I thought it was up on hill/cliff above the water. Finding the sign would help clue me in.

Thanks Kevin! Now I just have to remember that until December. ;-)

Here's my Pompi. Can anyone name the villa? I can't, although I was thinking it looks a bit like Steve Martin's old place. Not sure about the rocks in the water though, or the low elevation.

image.jpg

Thanks for the link Dennis.

I see that Hannah Moser was on the island back then. That's a fun place to visit.......the road goes straight up at an impossible angle. Great views from her studio/home too.

Bart, that is a beautiful painting, another example of Pompi's great use of color....

Thanks Ellen! The lighting wasn't great so I put it on the floor to photograph it, but the colors in the photo are a little muted and a little fuzzy compared to the actual painting. I bought it sight unseen from the US and had it shipped to me. I just gave him some guidelines and a price range (neither of which I remember!) and that's what arrived.