David's Santa Fe

Great news BBT! I hope it works out well for SF.
I have always enjoyed our beach lunches at Do Brazil. Do you state in an earlier thread David will be running DB also? If not, do you know what will become of it?

Great news BBT! I hope it works out well for SF.
I have always enjoyed our beach lunches at Do Brazil. Do you state in an earlier thread David will be running DB also? If not, do you know what will become of it?
No I did not say that, his last day at DB was Sunday. I do not know who will be new chef or GM.

Do Brazil is continuing to operate for the foreseeable future, with no significant change & David's assistant now in charge.

A few words from Do Brazil staff on David Mouton's departure:

Õ Capitaine, Notre Capitaine,
Voilà maintenant quelques saisons,
qu’ensemble nous naviguons,
à bord du Do Brazil, ce fier et puissant navire,
paré de voiles, de palmiers et de sourires.

Nous avons à tes côtés, traversé,
tempêtes, tornades, typhons et marées,
mais aussi d’inoubliables et memorables instants,
faisant oublier douleurs, prises de bec et épuisement.
Õ Capitaine, tu as tenu bon le barre durant ces années,
Et même fatigué, c'est à bon port que tu finissais toujours par nous ramener,
Le Do Brazil est un fameux navire, qu’on se le dise,
mais sans solide équipage nul ne se brise!
Hisser haut, de la cale au pont,
Õ Capitaine, tu as tenu bon,
Les pires comme les meilleurs moments,
tu montrais l’exemple en souriant, souvent en gueulant.
Du respect, nous ton équipage, en avons à foison,
pour ce Capitaine que tu es à la perfection!
Et puis voila, le vent t’emporte sur un autre bâtiment,
tu quittes le Do Brazil pour devenir Commandant!
Õ Capitaine, c'est bon vent que nous te souhaitons
et c’est au Nouveaux Mexique que du bon vieux temps nous reparlerons!
A très vite Captain David!

Seems like they really like him, wonder if there will be a large migration of wait staff as well as the chef?

The translation is on the DB FB page
Google translate

Õ Captain, Our Captain, It is now a few seasons together we sail aboard the Do Brazil, this proud and powerful ship, trimmed sails, palm trees and sourires.Nous have at your side, crossed, storms, tornadoes , typhoons and tides, but also unforgettable and memorable moments, making you forget pain, taken spout and épuisement.Õ Captain, you have held out the bar during those years, and even tired, that's safely you finishing always take us by, the do Brazil is a famous ship, let it be said, but no solid crew breaks! Hoist top of the hold to the deck, Õ Captain, you held on, as the worst best moments, you showed the way by smiling, often gueulant.Du respect us your crew have in abundance, for the Captain that you are perfection! And voila, the wind take you on another building , you leave the Do Brazil to become Commander! Õ Captain, it's good that we wind you souhaitonset is in New Mexico that the good old days we'll talk! See you soon Captain David

Seems like they really like him, wonder if there will be a large migration of wait staff as well as the chef?
Should not need much staff each of the new owners will have their wife working with them. Emanuel has been able to do it with at most 6 people. Yesterday both rooms and the bar lounge are were packed and people were not able to get in and he did did it with the usual 6.

Like others, Caroline and I have known and liked David for quite a while.
Will miss Manu, yet look forward to the David's Santa Fe as well

Bucket david (800x450).jpg