Ça te tente, Kevin ?

cassidain

Senior Insider
image.jpeg

Its a list of the daily specials from a restaurant on a French island, so of course it is written in French. Odette, the owner, will be happy to translate for you should you choose to visit.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not?!?!?!

But I can't read it all. I can figure out the easy stuff like "mahi" but not all of it.

But that's not the point. I asked a simple question and we got another round of "I'm more inside than you". I don't really have a problem with that as I'm here every day and can usually figure out what people are talking about, but I wonder what newcomers think. People who are actually coming here looking for information and not just a fun place to hang out.

Take that guy who asked about Villa Xanadu the other day........the entire thread is an inside joke slam of Mike R. I bet half the regulars on this site didn't even get that one. And the guy who asked about the villa will probably never post here again.

As I said in some other thread (and got made fun of for).....and we wonder why there's no new blood around here.....?

Sarcasm isn't my style. I try to leave sarcasm and snarky remarks to others.

Those specials are from O'Corail, located on Grand Cul de Sac between Le Sereno and La Gloriette. The "O" in O'Corail is the owner, Odette.

Sarcasm isn't my style. I try to leave sarcasm and snarky remarks to others.

Those specials are from O'Corail, located on Grand Cul de Sac between Le Sereno and La Gloriette. The "O" in O'Corail is the owner, Odette.

Hey...I learned something new today. I never knew that. Thanks, Kev. By the way, what does "Corail" translate to english?

My message was to Andy, but Kevin got in before me.

Should I just start knocking on restaurant doors and asking if Odette works there?!!??
Bart- sorry but I wasnt being sarcastic. Maybe a little cryptic which I do a lot. The little French I do know is menu French having eaten at French restaurants for a long time but some of those words other than the main dish I would have to ask too.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not?!?!?!

But I can't read it all. I can figure out the easy stuff like "mahi" but not all of it.

But that's not the point. I asked a simple question and we got another round of "I'm more inside than you". I don't really have a problem with that as I'm here every day and can usually figure out what people are talking about, but I wonder what newcomers think. People who are actually coming here looking for information and not just a fun place to hang out.

Take that guy who asked about Villa Xanadu the other day........the entire thread is an inside joke slam of Mike R. I bet half the regulars on this site didn't even get that one. And the guy who asked about the villa will probably never post here again.

As I said in some other thread (and got made fun of for).....and we wonder why there's no new blood around here.....?

Bart makes some good points about the "insider" business ......

Thanks Kevin! I don't ever expect snark from you, but I thought you were replying to my snarky post in kind. Good to know about the "O" though! Didn't know there was meaning to it.

And Chopper.......your post was exactly what I expected. From you!

Hey Bart- lighten up. You are entirely you touchy for a travel site. This isn't the encyclopedia brittanica if there's still one. Kidding around is accepted and since a lot of us have been here for years there's going to be inside jokes or info as a matter of course. I don't know where you got MikeR out of the Villa Xanadu post. People give their opinions whether they have actually stayed somewhere or not. Don't take everything so seriously. No one is doing brain surgery here.