2. David Wright (R) 3B
3. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B...
4. Yoenis Cespedes (R) CF
5. Lucas Duda (L) 1B
6. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
7. Michael Conforto (L) LF
8. Wilmer Flores (R) SS
9. Kelly Johnson (L) DH

LET'S GO METS!!!! The SBH fan base is ready.

Phil

P1050575.JPG

Just saw this !!!!!!!!! Love it!!!! We need this tonight or we are in big trouble Amy and Phil no nice late dinners you need to be home eating cold pizza rooting our boys on! Lets go Mets!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really miss Ralph Kiner. Even after his stroke, he was able to add so much unique tidbits of baseball lore to every show.

Yes, we dine in and watch baseball.

We are fans.

LET'S GO METS!

Oh what a night!

Winning is all that it's cracked up to be.

YIPPEE!

And I get to add a 2015 World Series Pin to my collection. Son Richard comes through! YIPPEE redux!

This is just about where his seats were-the top section in back of home plate.

LET'S GO METS!

And wasn't Long Island's Billy Joel just FANtastic singing the Star Spangled Banner?

Ok I guess the Mets didn't get the message you can't pitch inside to the prima Donna KC Royals what a bunch of whiners

Ok I guess the Mets didn't get the message you can't pitch inside to the prima Donna KC Royals what a bunch of whiners

Not sure what that is about.

I thought Billy Joel did a good job with the National anthem.

Not sure what happened to the Royals last night. I guess I have to give credit to the Mets, and (you know, the whole click your heels together three times and say something like "There's no place like home.") Even though I really hate Wizard of Oz references.

Seems to have worked...LOL

Can't believe they're not playing a day game today. Damn network. 50's and gorgeous in NY today.

Seems to have worked...LOL

Can't believe they're not playing a day game today. Damn network. 50's and gorgeous in NY today.

Darn FOX network. I am sure they thought there would be bigger market in the evening (not sure they thought about it being Halloween).

And kids don't get a chance to see World Series games-a shame. I agree a day game or a 7pm start would give little kids that take little league seriously a chance to see where they can end up-with talent and a lot of luck, but why deny them game time?

First batter of the game Noah threw up and in and knocked your guy down and your bench exploded like they've never seen that before and your bench chirped all night at him and Fred you're right it did seem to work

Not sure what that is about.

I thought Billy Joel did a good job with the National anthem.

Not sure what happened to the Royals last night. I guess I have to give credit to the Mets, and (you know, the whole click your heels together three times and say something like "There's no place like home.") Even though I really hate Wizard of Oz references.

First batter of the game Noah threw up and in and knocked your guy down and your bench exploded like they've never seen that before and your bench chirped all night at him and Fred you're right it did seem to work

Yep, nothing like throwing at a guy's head to wake up the dugout.

[h=1]Thor's hammer buzzes Royals on first pitch[/h][h=2]Mets' flamethrower delivers on promise, goes up and in on Escobar[/h]1:42 AM ET
  • Email
  • Print

Wild first pitch of Game 3 1:25
10/30/15: Noah Syndergaard throws the first pitch of the game very high to batter Alcides Escobar, causing words from the Royals' dugout

By Jeffrey Flanagan / MLB.com | 1:42 AM ET +
345 COMMENTS

NEW YORK -- It's officially a World Series, in more ways than one.
Yes, the Mets battered the Royals in Game 3, 9-3, on Friday night, shrinking their Series deficit to 2-1, but several Royals were more furious because they felt Mets starter Noah Syndergaard threw the first pitch of the game toward Alcides Escobar's head.

Dress for the World Series with Royals gear

include_NYM_KC_2298lgwq_v7xhqgpl.png

GameDateAir time/game timeMatchupTV
Gm 1Oct. 27 KC 5, NYM 4 (14)
Gm 2Oct. 28 KC 7, NYM 1
Gm 3Oct. 30 NYM 9, KC 3
Gm 4Oct. 317:30 p.m./8 p.m.KC@NYMFOX
Gm 5Nov. 18 p.m.KC@NYMFOX
*Gm 6Nov. 37:30 p.m./8 p.m.NYM@KCFOX
*Gm 7Nov. 47:30 p.m./8 p.m.NYM@KCFOX
* if necessary | All times ET

shop.gif
Shop for postseason gear: Mets | Royals
Complete World Series coverage

Most upset of all was Escobar, especially since Syndergaard pledged during Thursday's off-day that he had a "trick up his sleeve" for the Royals' shortstop's penchant of hunting first-pitch fastballs.
"I didn't like it at all," Escobar said. "He even said he had a plan. I feel like if that's the plan, it's a stupid plan. That's it. I don't think any pitcher is going to throw a ball at someone's head at 98 mph on the first pitch of the game. If he wants to do that, throw it at my feet, throw it anywhere, but not at my head.
"It's wrong. To me, that's wrong. I don't think any pitcher should do that. If we do that to them, they're going to say it was on purpose. The only thing I'll say is that it's wrong."
After Syndergaard's fastball sent Escobar to the dirt, several Royals began barking from the dugout.
Third baseman Mike Moustakas could be seen on television cameras screaming at Syndergaard.
"I wasn't the only guy upset. Twenty-five guys in that dugout were pretty fired up," Moustakas, who was not in the clubhouse after the game, told "Baseball Tonight."
Escobar has had an incredible postseason. He leads all players with 21 hits, which is a Royals record for a single postseason. In addition, Escobar now has a 13-game postseason hitting streak, tying the club record Lorenzo Cain set earlier this month.
The Mets certainly were looking for ways to combat Escobar, and Syndergaard didn't back down from his first-pitch approach when asked about it after the game.

Syndergaard on first pitch WS2015 Gm3: Syndergaard on his first pitch to Escobar
10/30/15: Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard discusses the first pitch of the game that sailed high and in on Alcides Escobar
"I mean, my first words to [catcher] Travis [d'Arnaud] when we walked in the clubhouse today was, 'How do you feel about high and tight for the first pitch?'" Syndergaard said. "I mean, I certainly wasn't trying to hit the guy, that's for sure. I just didn't want him getting too comfortable. If they have a problem with me throwing inside, then they can meet me 60 feet, 6 inches away. I've got no problem with that.
"I know that from the past, I think every postseason game Escobar has played in, he has swung at the first-pitch fastball, and I didn't think he would want to swing at that one."
The Royals' reaction, though, was quick and to the point.
"I didn't like it," right fielder Alex Rios said. "It was weak. ... For him to throw up at his head, that was very weak and unprofessional."

Escobar on Syndergaard's pitch WS2015 Gm3: Escobar on inside pitch by Syndergaard
10/30/15: Royals leadoff hitter Alcides Escobar talks about the high, inside first pitch of Game 3 by Noah Syndergaard
And first baseman Eric Hosmer vowed the Royals might have something up their sleeve as well.
"He said he came in with a master plan or something, and I guess that was throwing at his head," Hosmer said. "That's all right. We might think of our own master plan.
"What he did, it's just not the way you go about it."

Jeffrey Flanagan is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter at @FlannyMLB This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Share This
  • Email
  • Print

+
Hide Comments 345 COMMENTS

MLB.com Columnist
Tracy Ringolsby

[h=1]5 storylines for Game 4 of the World Series[/h]