Color is fading.....and dropping

MIke R

Senior Insider
Last weekend of leaf peepers....then the bus invasion stops

image.jpeg

Beautiful picture .... we don't get much of those sceneries in the Caribbean!

Yeah I know...that's why it took only two years of living/working in the Caribbean for me to realize it wasn't for me...I need my four seasons ....

We are starting to peak

Fall colors paint the horizon from the Shenandoah to Washington, D.C. (Photos)

By Angela Fritz October 26 at 10:42 AM
imrs.php

The autumnal view from Crescent Rock Overlook in Shenandoah National Park last week. (Richard Brundage via Flickr)
Fall colors are lighting up the trees from Skyline Drive all the way to Washington, D.C., this week. The yellows, oranges and reds are vibrant as we enter our last week of October.
Peak color was starting to make its way down the Appalachians last week, according to the Foliage Network, which reported high color in D.C.’s extreme west and northwest suburbs, and moderate color in the immediate metro. Halloween weekend will likely feature high, if not peak color in the Beltway.
Trees around the National Mall, in Georgetown and along George Washington Parkway are looking particularly bold this week. Fingers crossed that Tuesday and Wednesday’s rain doesn’t wipe them from the trees.

imrs.php

Fog rolls through fall colors in New River Gorge, W. Va. (Mohib Ahmad via Flickr)
imrs.php

In Shenandoah National Park last week. (pablo.raw via Flickr)
imrs.php

(Jenn Wurzbacher via Flickr)
imrs.php

Shenandoah National Park was lighting up with reds and oranges this weekend. (Lara Koch via Twitter)
imrs.php

Bold colors in Centennial Park in Ellicott City, Md. (Nathan Jones via Flickr)
imrs.php

(Richard Barnhill via Flickr)
imrs.php

The reds and oranges reflect off Centennial Lake in Ellicott City, Md. (Nathan Jones via Flickr)
imrs.php

Marigolds get in on the fall colors action this week. (ducky via Flickr)
imrs.php

The colors are vibrant in Georgetown. (Andrew Pasko-Reader via Flickr)
imrs.php

Colorful leaves at the Lake Mercer Dam. (Bruce Sorrell via Flickr)

Ang

Enjoy..we are much past peak now and waiting on the snow which is next so we can get the mountain open by mid November and get that season underway

Great seeing the colors of Autumn up there while here watching things go from brown to green....a little rain sure helps with that changeover.

Beautiful, Josh! We were in Shepherdstown, WV yesterday, and it was also gorgeous. Tom has the pics though!

Regattas all over the bay yesterday. The largest was the 211 boat fleet of Optis. Lots of boats manned by parents keeping other boats away.

20151025_113353.jpg

We were able to get closer to this Navy sub. Only one mean looking patrol boat to keep onlookers away.

Cbw-Vv4y-IYE__cKnkcrmpJR-MX69Z-fn5vT3Y6ftOTs=w1213-h221-no

It turned into a beautiful afternoon off Annapolis. Tourists on the Woodwind enjoying the day with the spires of the town as a backdrop.

20151025_130049.jpg