Erika

Peter that picture is worse than the one I saw just a few hours ago. Too bad when you need rain it all comes in one bucket

Winds have been steady and gusty all day, and only a handful of showers. Saw a beautiful rainbow just before sunset! We are fairly close to the road and have heard cars and scooters buzzing by all day. No power outages, which is nice, considering we are stuck inside with two kids! Based on the forecast the winds will continue to die down overnight, and hopefully bring more rain.

Went for a drive earlier and saw seaweed piled high on every beach. St. Jean has been clear all week, but is covered today. Big disgusting floating masses can be seen too. Yuck!

Yes very, very sad. There are some relief efforts going on to try and help but nothing brings back lost life or repairs some of this kind of damage...

Hievryone! now do not fall over. It is alijax757 (alisa) It has been so long since I have been on here I for my password (now recovered) As you may know Dominica was hit really hard and my heart is aching over this. My friends house was hit by 2 landslides 11951184_10205754563636611_1815253158894858908_n.jpg

Hi Alisa
long time!
Dominica was devastated.Anybody who wants to help can email the Diocese of the North Eastern Caribbean and Aruba,Bishop Erroll Brooks.Via the cathedral in Antigua,they are sending funds to the people of Dominica.We recently did this from the SBH church,but I'm sure any and all contributions would be very much appreciated.
LandP

Alisa, yesterday I sent funds to your friends via the information Missy sent me. My friend Farmer is Domenican, and has kept me up to date with what is happening with
them and the island. The devastation is heartbreaking. I wish peace and safe recovery to your friends and the Island of Domenica.

Hi Alisa
long time!
Dominica was devastated.Anybody who wants to help can email the Diocese of the North Eastern Caribbean and Aruba,Bishop Erroll Brooks.Via the cathedral in Antigua,they are sending funds to the people of Dominica.We recently did this from the SBH church,but I'm sure any and all contributions would be very much appreciated.
LandP

Thank you for the info Lloyd...good to see people helping. I was there this past summer. My host villa/inn was heavily damaged. Food and medical supplies slow coming into her area

Alisa, yesterday I sent funds to your friends via the information Missy sent me. My friend Farmer is Domenican, and has kept me up to date with what is happening with
them and the island. The devastation is heartbreaking. I wish peace and safe recovery to your friends and the Island of Domenica.

Rosemary I am SOOO grateful for your generosity (and missy's as well) I was in Doninica this summer and stayed at a small family owned villa named Oh LaLA dominica. It was hit by 2 landslides. debra and her young family survived but now food and water is an issue. They need supplies in her isolated area. I pray her inn gets back on its feet. Thank you again for donating!!!

Alisa, it's a privilege to help... Xx What our friends have been through is beyond humbling. My friend Elwin Christopher, or Farmer, is organizing containers of water, clothing... in ST Maarten. Best to all.