Interline Agreement US Airways and Winair

cbuncamper

SBH Member
Fellow Guest

It is with regret that I have to inform all Winair clients that normally take the seamless services of Winair and US Airways to St. Barth's that we have been informed by AMERICAN AIRLINES that due to the merger of the two carriers and that Winair not having an agreement with AA, the present agreement between US Airways and Winair will be terminated August 1st, 2014.
It was however agreed, that all passengers that purchased their US Airways and Winair ticket prior to July 31st, 2014, all these tickets will be honored as normal, bags will be checked to their final destination and boarding passes issued

For customers whom are booking tickets from August 1st, 2014 and beyond will have to buy two seperate tickets which will mean that bags will not be checked to their final destination. Winair still has agreements with United and Delta and is busy working with some others.

We recomend travelers to give themselves at least 90 minutes when booking to St. Barth's and 2 hours for the return. This applies if you have checked luggage. If you only have Carry on, the time can be less

We would like to remind all our clients that Online check in is available for all Winair flights, so this can help shorten your time when connecting, also all mayor carriers provide this service.

Winair also works with the various VIP services offered in St. Barth's, so this can be a next option

We will continue to discuss with the New American to see when we can get an agreement between the carriers as we all know, it is in the best interest of all

Should you have any questions, please dont hesitate to contact me at cbuncamper@fly-winair.com

Claudio Buncamper
VP / Director Marketing / Sales & Customer Services

If you have the option of United and or Delta, we do have baggage agreements with them and you can check in online for both carriers including Winair

I see an uptick in PIV business. Getting the bags in SXM and walking them across the aisle to Winair is easy. Going home not so easy.

This makes no sense as USAir and AA are still being operated as separate airlines. Their operations will not be combined for another year or so. This must have been a deliberate decision by new AA management. The merger of the holding companies became effective in the Spring. Why is this happening now? I agree that the new AA will not be getting my business in the future unless they reverse this policy.

First World Problems.

More:

11 Middle Class Problems That Will Make You Weep!

For some people life can be so ‘tough’ that the only way to deal with it is to share the pain on Twitter. This is a collection of 11 real comments posted on the social network…
1)

2) “My pool Cover won’t open properly, what a drag”

3) “I have a paper cut on my iPad finger. Every tweet is agony, but I bravely persist.”

4) “Going Skiing when it’s February half term. Bloody children everywhere!”

5) “I’ve got Camembert on my HTC screen.”

6) “A swan just spat in our salsa”

7) “No Fennel left at the Deli. Disaster!”

8) “I can’t remember my cleaner’s name”

9)

10) “Peeling pomegranates has to be one of the most painstaking tasks in the world.”

11) “Had to turn down the brightness on the iPad because it hurt my eyes

Add your own. I'll start:

1. My CSA delivers so much food I have to throw half of it away.
2. I eat so many lobsters/clams/oysters that I grow sick of them.

Claudio: Are you saying that bags on United and Delta flights to SXM can be checked all the way through to SBH? If so, how can this be done? It does not appear that WinAir tickets can be purchased together with United or Delta tickets as was available until 8/1 on USAir. Can Delta or United issue Winair boarding passes? Can Winair issue United and Delta boarding passes? If not, and the WinAir tickets are purchased separately, how can bags be checked through to/from SBH? Thanks, Jim

Well, this is unfortunate in regards to US/American. I guess this is an opportunity for another carrier to step up to the plate. It seems odd that someone would do something that makes them less competitive but I guess this particular relationship with winair is not viewed as significant. I guess I will enjoy my flights I booked back in April this week knowing that I won't be able to check all the way next year.

I flew Delta one year through tickets I booked through Orbitz all the way to SBH via winair. Thanks Claudio for reminding me that is still an option.

Claudio,

We are flying on US Air flights using AA award miles, to and from SXM. We ticketed before the deadline. Will we be able to check our bags all the way through to SBH? (We have not yet purchased our Winair portion at this time)

If we have to pick up our bags in SXM and stand in line again with the maddening crowds at peak and go again thru customs, that will be a real pain and a loss for the SBH travelers.

Hi Jim

Yes, Winair has an interline agreement with DL and UA, I noticed that you can get the thru ticket on US if purchased on Expedia. I dont see the DL and will check with Expedia why they dont show (should be a system glitch)

Once you have the tickets for DL, UA and Winair, you can ask them to tag the bags for you and they will, in St. Barth's, our team once the correct flight numbers are shown can check the bags to the final destination as we already do
The issuance of Boarding Passes have not been achieved yet, but it is in our plans to see the possibility in 2015
Hope this helps

Claudio

Claudio: Are you saying that bags on United and Delta flights to SXM can be checked all the way through to SBH? If so, how can this be done? It does not appear that WinAir tickets can be purchased together with United or Delta tickets as was available until 8/1 on USAir. Can Delta or United issue Winair boarding passes? Can Winair issue United and Delta boarding passes? If not, and the WinAir tickets are purchased separately, how can bags be checked through to/from SBH? Thanks, Jim

Hi

If the flight numbers are US Airways original and not codeshare AA flights, then you can get your bags checked thru

Regards

Claudio

Claudio,

We are flying on US Air flights using AA award miles, to and from SXM. We ticketed before the deadline. Will we be able to check our bags all the way through to SBH? (We have not yet purchased our Winair portion at this time)