Langouste?

La Plage every Tuesday night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 818
I think I'd be inclined to do the grilled langouste with créole sauce and ginger butter at Grain de Sel for lunch. 7€/100 grams.

Three other restaurants with langouste tanks are La Langouste in Flamands, Santa Fe in Lurin, and Pipiri Palace in Gustavia. Au Regal in Corossol has 1/2 grilled langouste on the menu, and Chez Rolande/Wishing Well in Flamands has fricassee or grilled langouste on their menu. The least expensive langouste on the island is the Langouste Sandwich at Chez Yvon in Anse des Cayes, a bargain at €5.50.

Three other restaurants with langouste tanks are La Langouste in Flamands, Santa Fe in Lurin, and Pipiri Palace in Gustavia. Au Regal in Corossol has 1/2 grilled langouste on the menu, and Chez Rolande/Wishing Well in Flamands has fricassee or grilled langouste on their menu. The least expensive langouste on the island is the Langouste Sandwich at Chez Yvon in Anse des Cayes, a bargain at €5.50.
Your knowledge of the island continues to amaze me!

Who's the best?

In order of preference, Santa Fe, La Langouste, Pipiri Palace. I haven't tried the Langouste at La Plage, but there is certainly something to be said for beachfront dining.

In order of preference, Santa Fe, La Langouste, Pipiri Palace. I haven't tried the Langouste at La Plage, but there is certainly something to be said for beachfront dining.
La Plage 2013

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 737
Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 9.24.05 PM.jpg

If I wanted a more upscale venue than GdS I'd be inclined to do la langouste entière grillée at Le Taïwana (pour le déjeuner).

I love the Taïwana for Sunday Lunch, but I don't ever order their Langouste. I much prefer their steamed Mahi.

Living in New England, I have the luxury of what the French call Homard, New England Lobster with claws, which is worlds apart from Caribbean Langouste. While I will sometimes order Langouste on St Barth, such as the 1/2 Langouste Bellevue at Santa Fe, it's rare that I do so. My local grocery will even steam the local lobsters for me. At less than $15 each, cooked, they're much more enticing and cost effective to me than the Caribbean rock lobsters, which are at 3+ times the price, and for what I consider to be a lesser quality product.

I recall the Taiwana had an, uh, eccentric owner who chased everyone away......that no longer true?

Chip, the Taïwana changed hands a few years ago, and the new management team's attitude is 180 degrees different than the previous owner's attitude. It's still expensive, but much more welcoming.

Kevin, I agree. A great spot for lunch as you can watch the waves on Flamands and enjoy good food and good service. I am hoping they run a summer spa/lunch special.